78 - "RIVALRY"

CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT

"rivalry"

All eyes followed Hollis and Regulus curiously as the pair of Slytherins split off to sit down at two separate tables.

Tucking a strand of curly, dark hair behind her ear as she slid between Remus and Marlene, Hollis tried to act like she didn't notice the way that the six Gryffindors were looking at her with slight suspicion as to why she had been twenty minutes late to the assembly and arrived late and out of breath with Sirius's older brother.

Hollis's wrist flared up with a message whispered so softly she hadn't even known who said it until she subtly looked down.

what's my brother's deal with you? - s

Frowning slightly at the message, Hollis ignored the indents on the silver metal and looked back up at Twycross to try and hear what she had missed out on. The other four Marauders instantly noticed this deflection and exchanged a four way set of raised eyebrows.

With unintentional synchrony, the Gryffindor boys all looked to where Regulus was sitting between Theodore and Lucius with narrowed, slightly irritated eyes.

To their surprise, after a few moments of absentmindedly popping his knuckles, Regulus's eyes glanced across the room until they fell on the four boys looking right act him. Inside, he bristled with slight shock, but on the outside, he gave them a slight sneer until the Gryffindors broke the stare first.

Merlin, I have no idea how Hollis stands them, Regulus thought with a slight curl of his lip. I would have bashed all their nosy heads in by this point.

After another painfully awkward half-hour between the Marauders, Twycross finally dismissed the practically bored to tears sixth and seventh years from the Great Hall. There was a screeching symphony of heavy wooden benches sliding against the rough stone floor that made a few students wince as they departed from the lecture. Hollis immediately started talking to Marlene and Lily about their upcoming Transfiguration presentation together, wanting to steer the conversation away from her and Regulus.

Unfortuanetly for this intention, Hollis didn't noticed the four Gryffindor boys slip away towards Regulus through the tripping crowd of long, black robes.

Once Marlene, Lily, and her cleared through the large stone archways of the Great Hall and got some fresh air from the stuffy mass, all three of them glanced behind them where the other Gryffindors normally followed them out.

"Where did they go?" Marlene asked, standing slightly on her toes with an attempt to see over the horde of shoving students trying to get back to their common rooms to change before dinner.