49 - "HEAT"

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

"heat"

Remus stepped into the same room that they had used for Sirius's party. He had gotten past the fact of James and Sirius planning the party despite his multiple requests for them not to. Now he was just excited. Thankfully, Remus's birthday fell on a Friday night instead of a Monday like Sirius's had. There were already the majority of the fifth and sixth year guests there, most of them the same as from November third.

"Happy sixteenth," Dorcas said, nodding at Lupin before turning to Marlene. "Stunning as ever, Mckinnon."

"I agree," Sirius grinned, swooping in from a nearby pod of Hufflepuffs. Meadowes's smile flickered.

Laughing, Hollis leaned against Lily as Alice started to yell at Frank for something politically incorrect he must have said. Loud music with an Amplifying Charm cast by Mary a few minutes earlier boomed through the room, making Lily have to raise her voice to be heard.

"So someone looks good tonight," Lily told Hollis as she took a sip of her drink.

Hollis looked behind her to see if a person had snuck up there without her noticing. Seeing that there was only low-hanging scarlet garland behind her that she and Peter had put up hours ago, she turned around, confused.

"Huh?"

Lily rolled her eyes and took another sip out of her cup.

"The birthday boy, dummy," Lily laughed, glancing over to where Remus was leaning against the wall.

Hollis looked more closely.

Remus was wearing a cream-colored button-up with the first three cloth buttons undone, making a small amount of his chest revealed. His auburn hair was intentionally tousled, and it seemed darker than usual against the dim lighting.

Hollis looked away, cheeks slightly flushed.

"He looks normal, Lils," Hollis said to Lily with a light tone.

"So he normally looks good?" Lily asked, her slightly mischievous smile growing.

"Merlin, you know that's not what I meant," Hollis groaned, shaking her head at the way Lily was making what she said sound.

Lily just raised a ginger eyebrow at her friend as she continued to scan the full room. Rosier's brown eyes caught on someone that she hadn't noticed before.

"Who's that?" Hollis asked, rasing her hand with a drink in it towards a attractive, tall boy with dirty blonde hair.

Following Hollis's arm, Lily's eyes landed on the sixth year Ravenclaw that Hollis was pointing at.