97 - "WANDLESS"

CHAPTER NINETY-SEVEN

"wandless"

Slowly but surely, the six Gryffindors began to notice that Hollis was eating more and more during all of their meals. During the first week or so of Remus trying to help her, most of their attempts just ended with her throwing up and Remus feeling hopeless and her desperate. But one day, she had eaten a whole cracker and nothing happened.

Then two.

Then three.

Then the rest of the pack.

It had made Remus so happy that he felt like he could kiss her for hours. Well, he did, actually.

Even though it had only been two weeks since then, Hollis had already gained at least two or three pounds. Which was good, because quidditch tryouts were coming up later that afternoon and she needed all the strength she could get. Sitting in the Great Hall between Marlene and Remus and across from James, she took a big sip of her ice cold water to try and get some hydration before the two hour long tryouts.

"It's going to be a real show if Rowle is going to keep the same plan as Yaxley," Hollis said, frowning slightly. "That boy was so intense, I think we're all secretly glad that he graduated and got the bloody hell off our team."

Sirius was halfway through swallowing a bite of his mustard and cheese sandwich that he was holding with two hands and his elbows on the table when he started talking.

"So d'you reckon it's just going to be the same team as last year?" he asked, taking another huge bit the second the question left his mouth. "Minus the old seventh years, of course."

Hollis took a handful of grapes as she thought about this for a second.

"Well, I'll be going for Keeper again, and Reg for Beater," she started, popping one of the light green ovals in her mouth.

Sirius and Remus exchanged a vaguely irritated glance at the way Hollis still called him that. They didn't know why they ever thought it would fade. 

"Lucius, Rowle, and Rookwood will go for their Chaser trio most likely," she continued. "Which leaves another Beater position open for a newbie."

Her eyes narrowed slightly as she looked down at the last grape pressed between her thumb and pointer finger. "And then Nott as Seeker."

She vigorously crushed the grape without moving her fingers at all.

Peter and Lily's eyes widened, looking around for where Hollis's wand was. It was nowhere near her, the dark wood was on the table next to James.

James himself was too busy looking at Hollis taking a bite out of one of those buttery rolls that she had been avoiding for so long with a soft smile at one of his best friends to notice.