15 - "THE SNAKE MARAUDER"

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

song of the chapters - "teenagers" by my chemical romance

"the snake marauder"

"And then he just kept reading," Hollis sighed, shaking her head to Lily during Charms.

It was a few days after James had taken Hollis's notebook, and she and James hadn't spoken. James felt guilty, that much was obvious, but what he had revealed to all four boys couldn't be undone.

"They think something's wrong with me, Lils," Hollis sighed, slipping her quill in her bag.

Lily looked at her friend sympathetically. It was just another reason for her to dislike James, yet Rosier didn't feel particularly bad about working against Potter right now. She would make up for it later. Probably. 

"Enough talking, ladies, more charming! It appears that neither of you has managed to grasp the Enlargement Charm yet," Flitwick called from where he was helping a Hufflepuff boy. "Get working!"

"We've got it, professor, trust me!" yelled back Hollis, forcing her voice louder to penetrate through the clangs and chatter of the busy room.

"You 'got' it? Well let's see it then," Flitwick replied, patiently folding his hands in front of the pair.

Hollis mentally cursed herself. There was no way she could perform this right on her first try. She was good, but good came with practice, not luck. Luckily, Lily went first, elegantly holding her wand with a slightly limp wrist.

"Engorgrio," she said softly. The quill in front of her instantly grew three times in size. 

Of course, Hollis groaned internally, ready to slam her forehead onto the wood in front of her.

"That's my Lily flower!" came an obnoxious shout from across the room.

Lily and Hollis both glared at James.

"I think Lily's work should count for both of us, don't you?" Hollis asked Flitwick, smiling widely.

Flitwick sighed and shook his head, making his white hair sway slightly. Hollis would have made a joke about how it looked like albino seaweed, but she didn't think she needed to get herself under any more pressure here.

"No, Miss Rosier. Attempt the charm or I will take points off Slytherin," he stated sternly.

"Fine, fine," muttered Hollis, smile dropping. She pulled out her wand and held it in front of the quill, silently praying to the Charms class gods. "Engorgio."

Much to Hollis and Flitwick's surprise, the feather grew larger until it reached the same size as Lily's. The redhead smiled, but Rosier just shrugged.