96 - "CURSED"

CHAPTER NINETY-SIX

"cursed"

tw - eating disorder

The very first morning after Hollis was let out of the hospital wing, Remus was waiting for her where they had agreed to meet in the Marauder's corner. The night after he had discovered one of her many secrets, the other five Gryffindors had intensely questioned him for what he talked to her about.

Although Remus could see the pain carved with a sharp knife on every one of their faces, especially James and Marlene's, he knew that it was not his place to tell them anything for Hollis. Only she had that right, and he also knew how it felt to not have control over information even if it was about yourself.

Even after many hours of fruitless begging, he had just shaken his head with every desperate request from Lily, Sirius, or Peter with a frown.

The boy had no idea what it was doing to James and Sirius in particular.

But Remus tried to push all other thoughts aside as he pulled out the small bundle of food from the Great Hall wrapped in a crimson cloth out of his brown leather bag that had been previously slung over his shoulder.

Having carefully selected the blandest foods possible he could find at the rich and decadent spreads of the Hogwarts breakfast tables, Remus sighed deeply as he looked down at what he had managed to gather.

Tentative, familiar footsteps made by black leather combat boots coming from around the nearest shelves made Remus's neck snap up. Hollis poked her head around the corner and smiled softly when she saw him.

Both of them could tell the other one was completely exhausted, but it was better to have the sleep deprivation going for both of them so that they could push through together, understanding how to best help.

A bit of buttery morning sunlight shone through the paned stained glass windows, casting a gorgeous array of pastel tinted shadows on the rich mahogany table. The gentle sounds of books rearranging themselves on the shelves filled the air, along with the flickering of orange and ruby flamed lamps and the scratch of quills hovering around the library and taking inventory. It was all peaceful and calm, something that Hollis really needed after the emotional and chaotic night that had left far too many people in confusion and tears.

Setting down her black bag on the table across from Remus, she walked away from it to go sit next to the Gryffindor boy.

"Morning," he said quietly, at a loss for any other words.

Hollis laughed softly.

"Morning," she replied, giving him a quick kiss. "Not much of a better greeting, is there?"