74 - "MARKED"

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR

"marked"

Hollis wasn't paying any attention whatsoever to what Vindia and Mulstone were telling her about behaving and the consequences if she didn't. She already knew them well enough. Instead, she had just locked eyes with Regulus from where the Blacks were standing a few families away.

"Yeah, see you in a few months," she muttered dismissively, walking away from her parents while they were still in the middle of talking.

"Appoline, get back here!" hissed Vindia, her eyes glancing around the station anxiously to see if any other pureblood families had seen.

A raised middle finger and still turned back was Hollis's only response.

Regulus grinned as he left his parents hurriedly to meet her behind a rusty colored brick column in the corner of the station.

"You're so fucking stupid," he implored, although he was unable to keep the smile off his face at the sight of Hollis flipping off her parents. He raised an eyebrow as he noticed her hair and makeup. "I like the hair."

"Yea, I don't like yours," she laughed slightly, jokingly messing up the wavy black strands even after Regulus attempted to doge her hand with a chuckle of his own. Both of them were ridiculously happy to see one another outside of Rosier Manor, and it showed.

The few moments of stolen laughter before Hollis got the fake Dark Mark and their whole plan began faded.

Regulus took in a deep breath as he pulled his wand out of the inside of his coat. Glancing behind him and around the pillar to make sure no one could see them, Regulus caught eyes with James Potter and Remus Lupin, both of their arms crossed over their chests.

Oh hell no, he internally grumbled as he turned back around. Anyone but them.

"We need to get somewhere more private," he whispered to Hollis, gently wrapping a hand around the waist of her sweatshirt. "Come on."

Hollis didn't have to ask to know that Regulus had just seen someone that he didn't want to around the corner, and she trusted him enough to agree with his judgement. Nodding hastily, she followed him around the corner while glancing up at the painted glass clock.

They had fifteen minutes to do this and get back on the train.

The four Gryffindor Marauders watched as Regulus and Hollis gracefully snuck out of the main area of Platform 9 3/4 with a variety of thoughts.

The first of these being, Holy shit, thank God that she's back and something so bad didn't happen to her that she had to stay at Rosier Manor. The second, but what if something really bad did happen and she's just hiding stuff from us again? We all know it's more than possible.