13 - "PORTKEYS, SPARKS, AND BROODING"

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

song of the chapter - "out of my league" by fitz and the tantrums

"portkeys, sparks, and brooding"

"Concentrate, Potter!"

"Do you not think I am?"

"Maybe if you would stop playing with that goddamn snitch I would believe you!"

"Maybe if you would tell me how you became a fucking animagus in nine months when the four of us have been trying since our second year, I could focus more!"

"Marlene asked me to go to Hogsmeade with her. I would gladly leave."

"No, no!" insisted Remus, jumping between James and Hollis. "You're not going anywhere, and James is going to keep his mouth shut and pay attention."

"Defensive much, Remus?" Sirius asked from his stance slumped against a sink, tone slightly annoyed as he spun his wand across his knuckles. He glared from a tilted down chin, and Lupin glared right back.

"I'm tired," yawned Peter, resting his head against Hollis's shoulder.

The early hours of the morning were not bringing out the best in any of them.

She sighed and rubbed her eyes, leaning next to Sirius. There was no point in pushing these boys too hard, they would collapse. Her eyes moved over to James's tarnished copper watch clock, reading four in the morning.

"Aren't you four like, good at pranks or something?" she yawned, deciding that if they had made it this far, might as well stay up until morning.

She couldn't have asked a question to change the atmosphere more.

"Are we like good at pranks or something?" Sirius scoffed, standing up and straightening his shoulders.

"You happen to be looking at four prank gods, Rosier," said James, jokingly wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"What did you have in mind?" asked Peter eagerly.

Hollis grinned.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

"Never in all of my years of teaching would I have expected five students to cause this much chaos," McGonagall said in disbelief, staring at the Gryffindor boys and Slytherin girl.

Remus and Hollis bowed their heads slightly to hide their smiles that refused to go away. James, Sirius, and Peter were completely unashamed with their grins. Seeing Snape walk into Potions covered in dirt and plucking bits of moss out of his ears had been worth it.