𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.

Marlene had gotten a polaroid for Christmas and was using it nonstop. There was already a pile of little moving pictures on the Gryffindor table with various levels of enthusiasm in the pictures scattered along the half eaten plates of food. 

Remus's favorite was the one of Hollis flipping off the camera while he kissed her on the cheek.

"Yeah, document them while it lasts," Sirius said to Marlene as she took a picture of Lily leaning into James's chest. "I still think that Prongs somehow enchanted you, Evans."

Lily smiled softly and looked up at James.

"Maybe he did," she whispered, and James tilted his chin down slightly so that she could kiss him.

Sirius and Hollis both had the thought to get up from the benches exaggeratedly, and they also happened to be sitting next to each other. Now that they were standing up and had so many people's attention whether they liked it or not, they had to make some sort of dramatic point.

"What would you do if I just kissed Hollis right now?" Sirius cried, grabbing Hollis's hand and bending pulling it up with his so that their elbows were bent and fingers entwined at shoulder level. 

Remus's eyes widened in confusion and alarm, while Hollis gave Sirius a bewildered look but played along.

"Yea, what would you do?"

A loud shout came from the Hufflepuff table.

"I would be in shock because everyone knows that wouldn't work out!" the seventh-year girl called with a grin.

Hollis got where Sirius was going with this, as did James and Lily right at that moment.

"Thank you!" Sirius shouted, giving a pointed glance to James and Lily. 

"Now, who here is in shock that Lily Evans just told James Potter that he enchanted her and it actually worked out, unlike Sirius and I?" Hollis said widely. "Raise your hand."

Hollis raised the one that was entwined with Sirius's, and nearly half the school did as well, even a few Slytherins. From the faculty table, Dumbledore, Slughorn, and McGonagall lifted their arms as well.

James and Lily were both so bright red at the scene Hollis and Sirius had just caused that they looked like they blended into their Gryffindor sweaters and ties. 

"And so, our point is proven," Sirius called out with satisfaction. "No one ever thought that this would happen, but you are witnessing history, ladies and gentlemen."

"Yea, and there's the fact that Lupin would kill you!" point out a sixth year Ravenclaw loudly.

Sirius turned behind him to point at the boy who had said this.

"We all know this, no need to point it out further," Sirius said with a charismatic grin and wink that made even the very straight boy blush slightly.

It wouldn't be a proper Hogwarts dinner unless the Marauders made a spectacle that succeeded in making everyone in the Great Hall happier. That was always their main goal, after all. 

When Hollis and Sirius sat down with satisfied grins, James looked so embarrassed that Dumbledore had agreed with his two best friends about his love life that he could disappear off the face of the earth. 

"I hope you're satisfied," Lily grumbled. "Announce everything remotely romantic I say to James to the entire school."

"We are," Hollis and Sirius said in unison.

Marlene held up the picture she had taken of the pair with a grin. 

"That's a keeper," Sirius declared. "So, therefore, Rosier, you do not get to keep it."