𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.

in currently number one in remus and number three in remus lupin so tysm i love you guys with all my heart

It was no secret that the Marauders did absolutely everything together. If it was a homework assignment, the professor would most likely receive the exact same answers from all five of them. When it was possible, they would make an extreme effort to get all in the same detentions together. There were the obvious things, like their Map they created together, and how they were always together with Remus on the full moon in Animagi form.

Not one of them, in particular, was the leader of the group, but their group dynamic when it came to just about anything was perfected.

When it came to their usual mischief, James, Sirius, and Hollis all contributed to the bucketload of incredibly dangerous, idiotic, yet somewhat genius ideas for pranks. Peter would then follow along, but Remus would be the one to point out that gaping holes large enough for a hippogriff to fall through in their plans. It would be easy for the green eyed boy to convert Hollis, and then James and Sirius would give up a tiny bit of the sheer stupidity and a solid plan would be formed with the help of Peter's snacks.

If they were all working on an assignment together, there was also an unspoken division of the tasks. Peter, once more, provided the fuel while desperately trying to keep up with the other's fast paced minds. James and Sirius always knew exactly which questions to ask, the ones that would get straight to the point and provide them with the most efficient timing. Hollis or Remus could be relied upon every time to know the answer and go into even more detail on their questions. From this knowledge, the five of them could then build the perfect assignment that got full marks nearly every time.

However, if they were dealing with more serious matters, like Remus's lycanthropy, all of them fell into a bit more of a specific place. Peter would do the simple yet effective things like enforcing what the others said and getting supplies for Hollis whenever she needed them. James had a tendency of making the worst werewolf jokes a person had ever heard in their entire life, yet so horrible that they still made everyone laugh at their stupidity. Sirius gave the reassurances to Remus that there was nothing wrong with him, he shouldn't feel guilty, that they all still loved him just the same.

But it was Hollis that got through to Remus the most.

She just had this soothing thing about her that somehow managed to calm Remus more than anyone both mentally and physically. Hollis was harsh on his self-hatred when she needed to be, sometimes they all knew that Remus might take it too far and end up hurting himself. But Hollis also knew exactly when what Remus needed more than anything was simply a hug and a few sweet whispers.

Because before they were a couple, they were friends.

That was the reason, or so they all secretly thought, Hollis had grown so much closer to the whole group rather than Lily or Marlene. Hollis had always helped them, even if she kept, and still did, herself surrounded by far more questions than answers. 

Hollis was a piece they hadn't known they had been missing, or that they needed so badly. But now that she was there, James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter didn't think they could ever let her go.

And these causes for doing everything together is what led the Marauders, predominately James and Sirius, to decide that they were going on one enormous date for Valentine's Day of 1977.

"I can't believe I agreed to this," Lily grumbled as James took her by the hand and dragged her out of the castle. "There are seven of us."

"Well, would you rather me carry you like Hollis and Marlene?" James asked with a cheeky grin at the redhead.

Lily turned to look at how Remus and Sirius were both giving their girlfriends piggyback rides and grinned widely at how Hollis and Marlene were currently trying to connect hands from across the two boy's heads.