TWENTY FIVE

Now is Saturday and the weather outside is crying, aka heavy rain coupled with striking lightning. I'm still in my sleeping position, supine staring at the ceiling. Yuto fell asleep beside me and his hands hugged my waist as if afraid I would go. My mind is still floating about yesterday's incident where Yuto suddenly changed completely when I mentioned grandparents in front of him.

"Ahh, Yuto. Long time no see," said the grandfather when Yuto and I approached them both.

The atmosphere in the living room was so hot, between Yuto and grandparents. "Hey grandma... grandpa" was all that came out of Yuto's mouth.

"what brought you here?" really, he are really disrespectful to our grandparents, making grandma and grandpa stare at him angrily and patiently.

"We both will stay here for three days to celebrate the Tanabata Festival in two days"

Yuto rubbed his face and his right hand lightly massaged the bridge of his nose. "and not only that"

Yuto looked at Grandpa's face seriously, "We'll talk about this later"

That's what I know and at that moment Yuto told me to go straight to the room to let me be with my grandparents during the afternoon. Even at dinner, Yuto chose to eat in the living room instead of having dinner with my grandparents.

It's still four in the morning and I don't want to wake up Yuto who is still asleep in his sleep while hugging my waist. The scent of Yuto's perfume was so insulting to me it made me feel at home in his arms. Lavender and mint scents are a perfect match for him.

Without realizing it, my right hand stroked Yuto's hair who was still sleeping beside me, his hair was very soft. Until my right hand was caught by Yuto's right hand, Yuto managed to open his eyes and stare at me.

"what are you doing, hmm?"

Yuto pulls me into his arms so that my face is in direct contact with brother's broad chest. "n-nothing really"

Yuto's left hand slipped into the back of my shirt and gently stroked my back. "You're really naughty, Yuya" Yuto licked my forehead.

"Are you going out with me today?" he asked while gently stroking my back.

Going out with Yuto? Of course I do. "Where are we going Yuto?" I asked anxiously.

Because I was afraid that Yuto would take me to a place where I had to try on women's clothes like that time. Yuto chuckled softly.

"You're going to like it. Now go take a shower. I'm going to sleep for a while"

"huh, it's still very early!"

"I don't care. Now go down and take a shower"

I finally gave up and I got up from the bed, not forgetting to take my towel and clothes to go for a walk.

It didn't take long, only fifteen minutes, I came out of the bathroom, neatly dressed in a black sleeveless shirt with black trousers that matched my collared shirt.

I walked to the bedroom to wake up him, but my intention was trapped when I saw Yuto closed his eyes calmly. Seeing that I immediately stepped my two feet towards the ground floor.

"good morning grandpa, grandma!" I said as usual to grandparents.

At this hour it turned out that grandpa and grandma had woken up and they were both enjoying a cup of tea.

"Good morning Yuya" they both answered in unison.

I walked over to them and pulled one of the chairs opposite the grandparents. What's wrong with grandma? Grandma looked so sad when she saw me. 'Did i wrong?'

In contrast to Grandpa, Grandpa was silent and his right hand took a small pair of glasses and put them over his nose. Grandpa opened the newspaper in his hand so I couldn't stare at Grandpa's wrinkled face.

"Does Yuya want to eat something?" Grandma asked when the tea in the cup had run out and Grandma refilled it by pouring tea in an antique teapot.

I shook my head slowly and looked at grandma, grandma did not see me and her eyes just stared at the teacup.

"Grandma has made chocolate cake for Yuya and Yuto in a while. Do you want one?"

I was about to refuse grandma's offer to make her homemade chocolate cake. But, when I saw the sad face of my grandmother I could not bear to reject it.

"Wow, chocolate cake! I want Grandma!"

"hahaha, you are still the same as before, Yuya. You wait here, let your grandmother make it"

"Let me help Grandma, so that ...."

"Yuya, there is something that Grandpa wants to talk to you about. Stay here"

My plan that wanted to help grandma bake a cake failed, even though I also wanted to experience the moment where I could help grandma make cakes for me and Yuto later.

I nodded my head and kept quiet, not daring to stare at the wrinkled face of grandfather who was firm despite his old age. Grandma was already in the kitchen and got the ingredients for making chocolate cake.

"Yuya" grandfather's voice was heard interrogating a prisoner in front of him.

"Yes, grandpa, w-what's wrong?" I asked, feeling a little nervous.

Grandpa placed his newspaper on the table and folded his hands on the table, staring at me closely.

"Did Yuto ever hurt you?"he asked  and his gaze was still the same, sharp and fixed.

Yuto, I can't lie if he have hurt me until my body is his target. But, I don't want to complain and on the other hand I also don't want to lie to the grandfather who notes as someone older than me. For a few minutes I was silent, maybe for an hour, confused about what to answer.

"My brother, he never hurt me"

"Forgive your grandson, Grandpa,Yuya was forced to lie" I said to myself in my heart and the grandfather in front of me just nodded his head.

"Yuto, I know you're there. Come here and eat Grandma's cake"

Grandma's chocolate cake smells so good, hmm, I miss my childhood. Grandma picked up the cake and oven and cut it into pieces.

"Yuto, do you hear grandma? Sit next to your younger brother"

This time I turned my head back, which sure was that Yuto was standing in the doorway and looking at Grandpa with a gaze I couldn't understand.

Yuto wasted his breath and finally Yuto pulled the chair next to me. Grandma came and brought four plates with her hands on top of which had pieces of chocolate cake.

"Enjoy your meal!"

I took a small spoon and cut into small pieces the cake before I put it in my mouth. As soon as the piece of cake that I cut was put into my mouth, the sweetness immediately spreads into my stomach, huh, what a delicious cake made by grandma.

If I could make cakes as good as grandma, I would be able to become a bakery in Japan someday. Correction, just make donuts I put salt instead of powdered sugar, huh, I'm not a smart chef.

Me, grandpa, and grandma have finished breakfast and Yuto hasn't touched his cake. The clock shows the number five, which means the sun will soon rise from sleep.

"Yuya, let's help grandma clean the house"

I immediately nodded and I immediately took the plate I ate followed by my grandmother.

"Yuto, we have to discuss this soon"

Yuto scratched his back neck and let out a heavy breath. I don't know what he talked about with grandpa, but what I do know is Yuto's voice refusing, whether he reject what.

Tbc ......

Saturday, 9 january 2021