Bliss

Notes:

Hiya Descendants!

Happy New Year!

2021!

Everyone's excited yeah?

Let's just jump into some Evie and Doug talk, we hope you enjoy the first chapter of the year :)

Lots of love!

-Dark-

The last couple of days had her head spinning.

So much had happened to them in such a short amount of time.

She still didn't know what to do with half of it.

She had no idea who would go through so much effort to frame them. She knew they were the children of villains but- Cruel much?

It hurt to think about how many people didn't like them here in paradise just because of their parents.

It was very underwhelming, and not what she had expected at all from royalty on the other side of the barrier.

She sighs as she pulls her books to her closer, ignoring the suspicious looks as she continues down the hall.

She'd been parting crowds for years, but it had never felt like this before.

Never had she felt this judged.

At least not in this manner.

She plasters a pretty smile on her lips and bats her eyelashes at anyone who musters up the courage to make eye contact.

She refused to show weakness to these people.

Refused to lower her head in shame.

But-

It was just horrible not being the popular one.

She was so used to people eating out of the palm of her hand.

She bites the inside of her cheek.

She had much more important things to think about than her standing with these people. She could worry about her image once she finished their outfits for Ben's ceremony.

These people didn't matter right now, their opinions didn't matter.

Her pack's opinions did.

Ben's opinion did.

Lonnie and Roy's opinions did.

Her cheeks flush-

Doug's opinions mattered.

This morning had been- unexpected to say the least.

Would she have made the same call if she'd had to choose between popularity and her friends?

She hoped she would but what would moth-

She blinks as hot tears of shame well up in her eyes.

Mother.

She had no power over her anymore. No rights. No anything. She could finally be her own person.

And she wanted to be her own person.

It was something she was working so hard on.

For her pack.

For Deez.

For herself.

She blinks back the tears, refusing to ruin her makeup.

She had been so relieved, so happy, ecstatic even to see Harry and T on that screen.