Safe and Sound

Hey Descendants!

We hope you're having a great week, but let's go ahead and look forward to the weekend!

Who's ready for an Evie and Doug chapter? I know a couple of you are Devie fans!

We have a couple of great extras, like an Evie music video, thanks to our Patrons who are helping us find more time to write and create things related to our story. If you're looking for more to read we're posting a week ahead on Patreon. We're also offering exclusive merch from our Dark and Twisted brand, as well as art related to We Wear the Mask. Check us out on Patreon!

And let us know what you think about the chapter! We always look forward to reading your reviews.

Lots of Love!

-Dark-

===========================================================================

How had she left her sewing supplies in such a state?

Her first time back in her and Mal's room, and she wasn't even able to properly enjoy the atmosphere.

She takes a deep breath as she slowly turns on the spot.

She loved how the sunlight filtered through the sheer curtains to paint the room with soft, warm light. It was undoubtedly the first thing she noticed the first time she'd walked in here.

The way the four-poster beds with their frilly pink and white layer looked in that magical soft light.

Beautiful. Breathtakingly different and beautiful.

Not that she'd ever tell Mal the beds had taken her breath away that first day.

So beautiful.

So clean.

The whole room came together like a fairy tale.

They'd managed to put their claim on that fairytale, slowly changing the colors of the rooms to better suit them.

But it didn't change the beauty of it.

And she thought she'd never get to see it again.

"Don't worry, if you tell me how I can help, I'm sure we'll get your space back to Evie standards. You had a lot you were doing right up until the ceremony."

She looks down at the comforting hand on her shoulder and smiles.

Her very own charming dwarf, always offering his help and guidance.

"Thank you," She spins delicately to face him, her smile trembling on her lips as she stares up into his eyes.

Her breath catches in her throat.

It had hurt.

Hurt and scared her.

Just the thought of never seeing Doug again.

More than the room, more than the make-up.

The thought of never seeing the boy that looked at her as if she were both his sun and moon had been far more painful.

The boy who treated her like a princess.

Who stood up for her and her pack despite years of being bullied by the same people?

Who saw her. Really saw her.

And cared about her.

Truly cared about her, flaws and all.