Love Hurts

He blinks bleary eyed as Secret Agent Man blears from his phone.

Cobra?

He rolls to his feet as he scrambles to pull out his phone, catching it several times as it slips from his hands.

Jay!

Was he okay?

It wasn't like Cobra to call him.

He quickly slides the green button, "Is everyth-"

"Breathe." Cobra's monotone voice greets him.

"Right," He follows the order automatically.

"Jay is fine," Cobra states firmly, "but he would like for you and Nani to meet us."

"Where at?" He asks curiously as the tension drains.

"We're at a park, I'll text you the location."

"I'll go check ta see if Nani's finished up her session and meet you-"

He snorts at the deadline.

Cobra.

He texts Nani before he lazily starts in the direction of his office.

He carefully opens the door when he sees the lights out, smiling when he sees a huge pillow and blanket fort in the middle of his office.

There was only one person he knew that made forts that big and complicated.

Lilo.

He was glad to see she was passing on the tradition.

He quietly shuts the door behind him.

He was sure none of the Hamadas had been sleeping well lately.

He grins as the sound of a conch shell being blown signals Nani texting him back.

Before he can pull out his phone he sees her door open and she steps out.

"Howzit?" He grins as he walks up to her.

"It went well. Apparently the girls are having dinner together with their families." Nani chuckles, "Evie rushed them off as soon as the plans were finalized."

"All four of them are getting some Ohana time then." He holds his hand out for her, "Jay mentioned dinner earlier too."

"Good, I'm famished."

He chuckles before he follows her to her car.

The two of them share a light conversation as they head to the park.

Nani's brow furrows when she pulls into a parking spot, "Is Jay okay?"

"Cobra said he was fine," He frowns as he looks over towards the table Jay was sitting on top of, looking like he'd just cried.

Cobra was standing close, one foot resting on the bench and a hand on Jay's shoulder.

Fine?

The barely look at each other as they all but jump from the car.

He sighs as he realizes his mistake.

Cobra's fine was a very large spectrum.

But, the man had probably done that on purpose.

His eyes follow Nani as she races over. Her glare at Cobra piercing.

Oh.

This was bound to be a fun night. He shakes his head before he follows her with concern.