Corsets and Corsages

Notes:

Heya Descendants!

Look-it! A second chapter!

And on Patreon, we're two chapters ahead for anyone who signs up.

Anyway, we're getting closer and closer to one of the main events in the movie-

Anyone worried about how we changed things?

We hope you enjoy the chapter, and be sure to leave us a comment below, with so much that we're doing with the story lately, your words fuel us.

Lots of Love,

-Dark-

"E, how am I supposed to breathe?"

"Slowly." Evie nods as she walks into her view, "In through your nose and then delicately out through your mouth. It keeps your lips just slightly parted and makes you look hella fabulous."

She rolls her eyes, "Yeah, okay, because I need to look hella fab-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Evie glares up at her, one perfectly painted blue nail pointed accusingly only inches from her face. "I have worked so hard on this dress, and you're going to be the center of everyone's attention today, and damn it, Mal, just let my dress be admired even if you don't care about it."

She sighs painfully as Evie manages to tighten the strings to keep her shoulders pulled back.

She wanted to be mad.

She wanted to tell everyone exactly how little she cared about their opinions of her.

She wanted to not care about Evie's dedication to making this dress perfect, but even she'd never been that heartless.

She knew Snow White would be there with the other journalists on top of this being 'THE' event of Auradon.

That was why Evie was so painfully psychotic about making sure everything was just so today.

She just wanted to impress the woman who was adopting her and Dizzy.

And she couldn't blame her. Wasn't that the reason she'd gone to try and make amends with Jane?

She takes a slow deep breath before she lets it out. "Right." She forces a smile on her lips as she swallows her own thoughts and allows Evie to fuss.

Evie sighs, "I know you hate it," she looks up from her fussing, "but thank you."

A little smile twitches on her lips before she rolls her eyes, "Yeah, well, whatever. I just don't want to deal with you being a psycho all day." More like she was worried about disappointing her, not that she would ever tell her that. "So, ya know, just do what you need to."

"It's a good choice," Evie smirks, "because I totally would be."

"Don't we all fucking know it." Her snort is choked off when Evie puts a knee to her back and pulls the strings so tight her ribs creak. "E. Breathe. Need."

"Perfect."

"I-" She struggles to take a breath, "Really hate you." She glares.

"That's how I know it's perfect, M." Evie pouts up at her, "Beauty is pain, and for you, that means hating me." She sighs before she pokes her quivering lower lip out, "I'll find a way to live with it."

Ugh. "Fuck you." She manages to breathe out.

Where the fuck was Jay? He'd know how to loosen this damn thing.