Tip-Toeing

Notes:

Hiya Descendants!

So, not going to lie... I forgot it was Monday until my phone reminded me I have a delivery coming in today... Monday the 14th...

X.x

Whoops.

Anyway, things are starting to get better in the Dark house, Twisted house too. Which is great because Christmas is coming and dates don't care if you're sick or feeling overwhelmed.

But anyway, back to the story...

We saw the fall out of What a Rip Ohana Style amongst the Core Four, now we're jumping over to see how David handles all the new information about the VKs still on the Isle.

Lots of Love, Health, and Safety everyone!

-Dark-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that had been... enlightening.

A true look into the lives these kids tried so hard to downplay, except when they had no choice but to face the ugly reality of their upbringing.

He rubs the back of his neck.

Kai.

If he felt drained after that interaction... How was Jay's pack taking it?

There had been so much information exchanged in such a short amount of time. So many nuances to pick up on.

He had wanted to call Nani so badly, but he couldn't force these kids to talk about it with them. And they had looked so-

Confused. Angry. Lost. Frustrated. Happy. Relieved. And a swell of other emotions that must've been not only exhausting but overwhelming as well.

Though despite that, Kai help him, it was still better than the alternative.

At least they'd gotten some questions answered, even if it brought more to the forefront.

If they'd been forced to talk to their- ugh. Birth parents, and he barely wanted to call them that.

He takes a deep breath.

If he were being honest with himself, he was torn.

He wanted to talk to them so badly after that exchange, but he also needed time to dive into it himself. Think about it, and unpack it.

He was so glad Jay had the foresight to text him.

Was glad that he could see for himself, albeit minutely, what the Isle was really like.

Time to figure out how to help them.

But most importantly, he walks through the door to their beach house, he was glad it hadn't been a session.

Not a real one.

If anything it had been an insightful glimpse into these children's lives.

He looks around the room, finding Hiro hunched over the computer, Lilo over her laptop, and Nani waxing one of their extra boards, before he walks over and plops on the couch with a sigh.

"Glad you made it home." Nani frowns as she looks up, "You fix the Snafu?"

"No kiddin' Ipo." He shakes his head. "An' not even a lil'." He places a hand over his eyes.

Lilo frowns as she rolls her chair over to the back of the couch, "You're taking some serious deep breaths there, nui brah."

He looks up to find her multi streaked hair falling into her face as she leans over to look at him.