Lost in the Swell

Hey Descendants!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

-Dark-

===========================================================================

"Is it cool if I just drop my shit and grab a board?"

He glances at Nani, relieved to see she was wearing a similar expression.

Jay hadn't been in the water since...

He stiffens as Nani looks away.

"You sure, brah," He rubs the back of his neck.

He and Nani talked about it for the last couple of weeks.

What to do if Jay developed, reasonably so, reservations or a fear of the ocean.

About as much as intricate as surfing was to his and Nani's life, they'd agreed that it would be for the best to stop until Jay could work himself up to going back out.

Not once had they discussed what they would do if Jay wanted to dive right back into it.

"Uh," he looks up at the setting sun.

He looks to Nani for help, grateful when she sighs.

"Are you sure?" She asks, concern coloring her tone.

Ah.

It made sense to put the board in the water; he just hadn't been sure if it was the right wave.

Jay's brow furrows as he grins, "Yeah? I mean, I'm losing daylight, and I wanted to get a few waves in before dinner." He frowns as he looks between them, "Is something wrong? Sorry, I can unpack first if that's it." He shimmies his shoulder to drop his bag into his hand as he turns for his room.

"No, no. Ain't nothin' like that brah, we're just-"

These fucking kids-

This kid.

-were going to be the death of them.

"Ah. Is it because I drowned?" Jay asks as he looks back over his shoulder.

"I don't like how casual that tone is," Nani glares indignantly as she juts her hip to the side. "You lolo."

Jay's eyes widen as his bag drops to the ground, "I- I uh- I'm sorry?"

He coughs to cover the snort, wincing when Nani's glare turns to him.

"Are you serious?"

He holds up his hands, "delivery! It was just the delivery!"

She huffs before her eyes land back on Jay, "We still don't know where they are..."

Jay purses his lips to the side as he nods, "I get it. But like-" He rubs the back of his neck, "I locked my pack in a room for over a week because of it. So it-" He shrugs, "I dunno, I guess I just don't want to let shit hold me back or keep me from doing something I like doing."

"I get-" Nani begins in her 'I don't think this is the right choice' tone.

He glances between the two, "How bout this," He focuses on Jay, "We" He points between them, "Can surf."

He pointedly ignores Nani's glare, at least for now, "But, we're strapping better daggers and, like," He glances at the sun, "the flashlights Hiro and Jumba made. That fair?"