Pain and Panic

"Roy?" She answers in confusion, pausing at the steps of the school.

Since when the fuck did he call her?

She waves Jane and Janice off as they turn back to watch her.

"-swer Mal, you need to get to the med lab. Now. Evie-"

Her heart slams against her chest as she drops her phone before she turns and darts.

She needed to get to the med lab.

Now.

Panic.

She'd never heard Roy panic-

But that had been fucking panic!

Panic and concern.

From fucking Roy.

Roy.

The kid who did nothing but play too much.

What the fuck happened to E!?

What happened to their princess!?

It had been four fucking days!

What the hell could've possibly happened?

She ignores the disgruntled shouts and huffs as she barrels through people in the hall.

One thought.

One goal.

One fear.

Evie.

===========================================================================

He groans as he opens his eyes, blinking in confusion at the blinding light shining in his eyes.

What the-

"Jay!?" Two concerned voices greet him before shadows block out the brightness.

His nose and throat were on fire.

His chest ached.

His head was pounding.

"Where?" He questions, not even recognizing his own voice.

"We're at the hospital." Nani quickly explains.

"You scared us bad, brah," David adds as he leans against the rail of the bed.

"Sorry." He shakes his head before he looks around.

He wasn't sure if he'd ever been this thirsty in his life.

Nani disappears.

And he desperately wanted to get the weird taste and the dryness out of his mouth.

David shakes his head, "You're alright. That's all that matters." He sighs.

"Here," Nani returns quickly with a bottle of water. "This should help."

He nods as he holds his hand out.

Fuck, it felt like he'd been training with T for hours without a break.

Everything hurt.

He takes the bottle and downs it, grimacing at the grit in his mouth as he swallows.

"Here." Nani holds out another bottle and a cup.

"How did you guys, I thought," He shakes his head as he sits up, "Nani, I thought you got pulled under too."

She shakes her head, "Just you." She frowns as she eyes him in concern. "Now, rinse and spit."

He obeys without question, swishing the water around in his mouth before he spits it in the cup she was holding under his lips.