Update

He raps his knuckles against the door lazily, waiting a full minute before brazenly inviting himself in.

He could wait.

But he wasn't going to wait outside the door.

As it was, the man was intent with his phone to his ear as he stares at something on his pathetic-looking pc.

The fuck? His face pulls in disgust.

If he was sticking around, which he was-

Note to self, update the tech.

He glares at the computer, if it could even be called that.

He couldn't associate with someone who was using system fucking eight when they were well on their way to eleven.

And here he thought all the villains were on the Isle.

He shakes his head before he plops on one of the chairs sideways, letting one leg rest over the chair of the arm, and pulls out his phone.

He's not sure how long he ends up playing the FPS he was currently enraptured with.

"How can I help you, Mister Hiro Hamada?"

"Hiro." He corrects, waiting to kill the last enemy before he pauses his game.

He slides the phone into his pocket before he looks over, "So, I'm going to build a school."

"I see." Adam smiles as he takes his seat behind his desk, "I'm assuming here in the Auradon commonwealth, not just any old school, and that you've already selected the land."

"Yep." He nods, "I'm putting a campus here so I can do my job and shit."

Adam nods, "Well, Hiro, as much as I honestly wish I could be the one to continue these meetings with you, I'm not the one in charge of educational establishment within the commonwealth of Auradon."

"Oh?" He lifts a brow. "Fuck, wrong office?"

"Oh no, I approve the idea," Adam chuckles as he dials on his phone, "now Belle gets to talk it over with you."

He blinks.

Did he just-

It... It's called speed dial.

Or contacts.

Oh my god.

Was he on a seventh Gen?

"You know you're a king, right?"

"Yes," Adam's brow furrows before he shrugs, "but when we formed the alliance, I knew Belle was best suited for the job of education infrastructure and equality."

"Duh." He shifts in his seat, straight up offended on every level, "I meant your phone is garbage, and you're trash at using it. You're like, forty, dude, the fuck? There is no- And I mean, no excuse for that. Like. At. All. You- You don't even have a smartwatch."

Adam's eyes crinkle in amusement, "Why is that important?"

His jaw drops, "What do you mean- Important? Paramount, maybe. Necessary. Abso-fucking-lutely. I just- I don't- Why though? Explain." He rubs his temples, baffled.

"I don't understand what you-" Adam shakes his head before he chuckles, "It sounds to me like you need another job from the crown."

"Gimme." He demands, gesturing to himself, "This is unacceptable. Utterly and completely unacceptable. You just dialed a number, your wife's- What is this?" He scoffs, genuinely horrified, "The dark ages?"