Stumbling over Secrets

Hiya fellow Descendants!

We'd like to do a huge shout-out to our Patrons!

Wolfgirl

Zara

Tiff

Pixengreen

Thank you so so so much! We really appreciate the support with Cove Club, you guys are the absolute best!

We're still getting our Patreon up and going, but if you're interested in extras or getting a week ahead of our regular posting schedule, that's the place to be.

And now, what you're actually here for-

Lots of Love!

-Dark-

===========================================================================

Prep.

The word kept coming back like a nightmare.

An ominous, nerve-wracking nightmare.

She wanted so badly to demand what he was prepping for, but she swore to mother if Hiro threw another smirk, knowing or otherwise, at her she was going to beat him with the IV stand.

Still.

It bothered the shit out of her.

And her mind just kept getting pulled back to their hangout.

To the drawers, cabinets, and pretty much any empty space crammed with supplies.

Supplies for what?

For whatever T was fucking prepping for!

Ugh.

It's because he's never felt prepared enough.

She sighs as Deez's response echoes in her ears before she shakes her head.

Not the time for that bull shit to creep up on her.

Besides, she should know better than try to figure out what Hiro was planning. It always ended with her frustrated and a pounding migraine when she'd tried it with T.

But fuck if it didn't set her on edge.

If Hiro- fucking shove half my body into a dragons mouth Hiro- was actually taking the time to put forethought into something-

She startles when the machine she's hooked up to starts beeping loudly, grimacing when she finds four pairs of eyes on her.

"The fuck is-" Jay sits up with a grunt as his machine echoes hers.

Then Carlos's machine adds the shrill cacophony.

"Chill, brah," Hiro frowns as he looks down at Carlos in concern before he eyes her and Jay, "It's your heart monitors." He gives her a worried glance, "Your pulses spiked." He explains as he rubs Carlos's shoulder. "Just breathe and try to relax, and they'll go back to being steady."

Damn it. Just what she fucking needed. Instructions to calm down from the source of her stress. She swallows her groan.

She sighs in relief as, one by one, the machines go back to their rhythmic beating.

"Damn," Hiro grins, "You kids really know how to reign your shit in."

"It's an Isle thing." Evie shrugs daintily.