[48] Life changing

"So this kids the real killer?" Stiles's dad asked

The twins rushed to the Stiles's house as soon Scott told them about Matt. Madi had only gotten a hour or two or sleep before Scott came rushing in. Madi knew it. The siren in her head was right.

"Yeah." Stiles answered.

"No." His father corrected. The three looked up with confusion.

"Yes!" Stiles exclaimed back.

Noah crossed his arms, "no." He said sternly.

"Dad come on." Stiles said standing up. "Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do it like look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class." His dad said.

"All right, okay, you're right sorry." Stiles apologized. "Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

His father glared at him, trying to find a word to say, "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges." He said truthfully, "But that doesn't prove anything."

Stiles gave him a are you kidding me look, him holding himself back from flipping out.

"Scott? Madi do you believe this?" Noah asked looking at them. Stiles threw his hands up in exasperation, not believing his dad would believe them over him.

"I 100% believe him." Madi answered immediately.

"Yeah it's really hard to explain how we know this, but you gotta trust us." Scott begged. "We know it's Matt."

"Yeah he took Harris's car, okay?" Stiles tried to convince his father, "Look he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him!"

"All right fine." He father caved in. "I allow the remote possibility but give me a motive. I mean why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles asked. "Our swim team sucks!" Madi cringed as she shook her head lightly. "They haven't won in like, six years- okay we don't have a motive yet." He gave up the act, "I mean, come on, does Harris?"

His father sighed. "What do you want me to do?" He asked.

"We need to look at the evidence." Scott answered.