[62] Life Changing

Shock

Shock.

Distressed.

She felt like she had been punched in the gut.

She was angry at herself.

She had all these powers. And for what?

Why did she have them if she couldn't save anyone?

She didn't deserve them. Not when she could of save him.

But she didn't.

And Derek was dead because of it.

"You think she's okay?" Stiles asked from his seat in the back, looking at the girl who sat on the bus purposely away from everyone, to busy in her own thoughts to hear what anyone said.

"She's definitely not." Scott said. He was still in shock over Derek. There was no way Madi was okay if he wasn't.

Stiles sighed, his eyes widening, "What is he doing?" He asked gripping his phone with annoyance.

"Madison." Madi heard someone softly say as he sat next to her.

"Leave me alone." She muttered. She didn't even bother to look at him.

"Madison please." Frederick said, barely above a whisper.

"Get away from me Frederick." Madi said, the ending almost coming out as a low growl.

Freddie's eyes widen slightly hearing her say his full name. He glanced at the floor, hurt that his only friend- the only one that could possibly get him away from his uncle- hates him.

He quickly got up and walked back to his original seat.

Madi stared into space as her head bumped gently against the window as the bus drove. Her thoughts on that night, what happened to Derek on replay.

Her fighting the twins. They had planned before to make her fight them because she was the only one who could.

She had just punched the twins, knocking them down when she heard a roar.

She turned her head, and she saw.

It felt like everything was in slow motion. Her heavy breaths. Her running to try and stop it.

Her claws just a couple inches away from catching him. Her claws grazing his shirt.

And then she was suddenly pulled back back by Aidan.

"Derek!" Madi screamed as he fell.

A big bump caused her head to smack against the window harder than usual. She sighed leaning her head back on the seat with her eyes closed.

She heard Scott also groan in pain, and could slightly feel an ache on her stomach. She turned around, glancing at him to make sure he was fine.

"I can't believe he's dead." She heard Scott with her enhanced hearing. "I can't believe Derek's dead."