[51] Life Changing

Madi waited outside to talk to her brother and hopefully Scott

"Madi," She heard making her look and see her mom.

"Mom?" She asked slowly.

"I'm here to see the game. And to support you two." Melissa said. Madi smiled light as they walked into the locker room.

"Good morning." They heard making them look, "In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history or mankind." The watched Coach make an all too familiar speech.

"What?" Madison's mom asked.

"Mankind- that word should have new meaning for all of us today."

"What the hell is he talking about?" Melissa asked

"He does this every year." Stiles said from in front of the two girls.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." Stiles answered before looking at Madi, "Hi."

"Hi."

"We're fighting for our right to live." Coach preached making the players yell out.

"Wait is this-,"

"Yeah. It's the speech from Independence Day."

"But as the day the world declared in one voice," Coach said with confidence.

"Coach's favorite movie."

"We will not go quietly into the night!"Coach yelled.

"Does he know any sport speeches?" Madi's mom asked.

"I don't think he cares." Madi answered.

"Today we celebrate our Independence Day!" Coach yelled with excitement making everyone holler. Madi chuckled lightly.

"Well spoken coach," Gerard came from behind Coach Finstock. Madi felt her mom grasp her hand. She gripped back, knowing what happened with Scott. She moved herself in front of her mom. "I might have chosen something with a little more historical value but there's no denying your passion. And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you."

Madi scrunched her eyebrows with confusion, she looked at Scott who also looked confused.

"Now I'm you principal, but I'm also a fan. So don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team." Gerard spoke, "Get out there and murder them."

"You heard the man! Asses on the field!" Coach yelled. Madi gulped in dread as everyone else chanted. She looked at Stiles who also had the same look on his face. He turned his head towards her, she watched as his face turned into a expression she couldn't figure out. He then turned around and headed out the locker room.