[3] Life Changing

The rest of the school day went by painfully slow, at least to Madison

The rest of the school day went by painfully slow, at least to Madison. She walked out to the field, seeing the coach.

"Coach!" She yelled out making Coach Finstock turn around. When he saw the girl he rolled his eyes and turned back around and started to walk away.

Madison rolled her eyes and sped up to meet up with him.

"Coach you have to let me try and be on the team! I know you know that if I join the team, I'll be better than most of your players." Madison exclaimed.

"Female McCall, we've been over this." The coach said trying to get away from the stubborn girl.

"Can you at least let me try?" Madison asked. The coach stopped and turned around to look at her.

"Listen, this is a boys lacrosse team. Boys. If you want to join a lacrosse team, we have a girls team." Coach answered before turning back around and walking away.

"The girls team sucks! They don't even know how to throw a ball!" Madison yelled out.

"Not their coach, Not my problem." Coach yelled back making Madison's mouth drop in shock.

She huffed and walked to the bleacher next to her friend. Lydia noticed the girl glaring at the field.

"What's wrong Velma?" Lydia asked.

"Velma?" The new girl asked.

"Oh, Madison had short hair and glasses in 8th grade, so I started calling her Velma. I guess the nickname kind of stuck." Lydia explained.

Madison remember that year. It was her worse year. Bad acne, glasses, short hair with terrible bangs. She cringed at the thought of how badly she brunt her hair because of how often she used to straighten her curls.

"It did, especially after we dressed up as Daphne and Velma one year, isn't that right Daphne?" Madison asked with a smirk. Lydia smiled back rolling her eyes.

"Did you try again? He's never gonna budge." Lydia stated.

"Oh yes he will. One day I will get so annoying that he will just snap." Madison stated watching the boys start to practice.

Lydia looked at the girl with a really look. The new girl looked at the two girls confused, Lydia noticing.

"Madi here, has this dream that she will be on the boys lacrosse team." Lydia said.

"Oh. That's..... cool." The new girl said.

"This dream will become a reality. Just wait." Madison stated. Lydia rolled her eyes lightly. "Uhh, by the way, what's your name?" Madison asked the new girl.