[58] Life Changing

"Did you find them yet?" Scott asked Madi over the phone as she trudged through the woods

"Don't you think I would tell you if di-," Madi started only to be cut off by screams.

"Run!" She heard faintly. It sounded like a little kid.

She hung up on Scott's and took off towards the sound. She used her enhanced hearing to hear their breathing or heart beats.

She heard something like metal being broke making her run faster. She finally spotted Boyd swatting away fireflies, two little kids holding onto each other in fear.

She quickly and quietly ran to the kids, grabbing them and running off and away from Boyd. She ran as quickly as she could holding two kids.

Once she got far enough, she placed the kids down. She looked at them, "Are you guys okay?" She asked.

The older girl looked at Madi with fear. "What's wrong?" Madi asked crouching down to their level.

"Y-your eyes." The girl stuttered. Madi's heart dropped realizing her eyes were purple. The full moon must of changed it without her noticing.

She closed her eyes, trying to get them to go back to normal. She sighed, not feeling any change. Suddenly Madi felt a small hand against her cheek. She opened her eyes, which were still a bright purple, and saw the little boy looking at her with amazement.

"Are you a superhero?" The little boy asked.

A smile slowly crept onto Madi face. "No, no I'm far from a superhero."

"But you have superpowers?" The boy stated.

Madi chuckled, "I guess I do." She replied. Even though she couldn't feel it, her eyes turned back to her brown color.

"Do you know Superman?" He asked.

"Or Wonder Woman?" The girl asked, joining with excitement.

"I- I don't know them," Madi answered, "But you know what? I know another superhero-, he's gonna help me get you two home. Okay?" She gave a smile.

The two kids nodded with smiles, Madi grabbed her phone pressing a number.

"Madi? Are you okay? Did you find them?" She heard Stiles over the phone.

She glanced at the little kids, "Is this captain.....," She tried to come up with a cool name, "Crunch?" She cringed.

She heard silence on the other side, "What?" Stiles asked, not sure if he heard her right.

"It is! Great! I need you to come pick me up at," Madi looked around, "Alcove Avenue, we have a mission." She said acting out as the little boy watched in excitement.

"Madison did you hit your head?" Stiles asked.

"Stiles just get here!" Madi whispered yelled before hanging up. She put her phone back into her pocket and smiled at kids.