[37] Life Changing

"You guys ok?" Scott asked as they got in the car

"Yeah." Stiles said as Madi nodded. "You're right. It's not like you." Madi's head snapped up towards Stiles. "I mean it's eyes were almost like, reptilian. There was something about 'em."

"What do you mean?" Madi asked.

"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes, and you think you know them, but you just can't figure it out, who it is?" Stiles explained.

"Are you saying you know who it is?" Scott asked.

"No." Stiles answered. "But I think it knew me."

~~~

"I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. I know because I love you. I love you more then- oh my god!" Madi chuckled at Stiles who tried to tell Scott what Allison said. "I can't- you and Allison have to find a better way to communicate."

"Come on!" Scott begged. "You two are the only ones we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes. Okay, there, message complete." Madi said.

"Now tell us about your boss." Stiles said.

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book." Scott explained.

"He probably means a bestiary." Stiles added.

"A what?" Scott asked.

"A bestiary." Stiles answered making Scott chuckled.

"I think you mean a bestiality." Scott joked.

"Ew Scott." Madi cringed.

"Is- is that not what he means?" Scott asked.

"No."

"Oh."

"It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." Stiles explained.

"How am I the only that doesn't seem to know anything about this stuff?" Scott asked.

"Okay, you know, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine." Stiles said.

"Okay," Scott said. "If we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is,"

"And who." Madi added.