[7] Life Changing

The three teens waiting till Dereks car pulled away from the burnt down house

The three teens waiting till Dereks car pulled away from the burnt down house. Once he Stiles drove the Jeep near the house.

The three jumped out, grabbing shovels and flashlights. Scott looked around at the broken down house.

"Wait, something's different." Scott stated.

"Different how?" Stiles asked handing Madison a flashlight, taking the shovel from her hand. They didn't really talk about what had happened, or what had almost happened at the hospital. They didn't haven't had the time, but they probably wouldn't talk about it anyway.

"I don't know. Let's just get this over with." Scott said as he dug his shovel into the ground. Madison pointed the flashlight at the hole the boys started digging. She was too lazy to dig, and both the boys knew that, not even bothering to bring a shovel for her.

After what felt like an hour of digging Madison dropped her arm that was holding the flashlight, it being numb for how long it's been up.

"What are you doing, we need light." Stiles exclaimed.

"My arms are tired." Madison replied shaking her arms before holding up the light again. Scott chuckled at his sister.

"This is taking way too long." Scott stated, slowing down on the shoveling.

"Just keep going." Stiles told him.

"What if he comes back?" Scott asked.

"Then we get the hell out of here." Madison answered as Scott wiped the sweat on his forehead.

"What if he catches us?" Scott asked paranoid.

"I have a plan for that." Stiles stated.

"Which is?" Scott asked.

"You run one way, me and Madi run the other, whoever he catches first, too bad." Stiles shrugged.

"That's reassuring." Madi said to herself.

"I hate that plan." Scott exclaimed.

"Oh shut it wolfboy, you're faster than us, you'll be the one that gets away." Madison told him as Stiles's shovel hit something, causing a loud thud. The three looked down at the noise.

The boys rubbed dirt off, showing something wrapped in cloth and rope.

"Hurry." Madison said.

"I'm trying, did he have to tie the thing in like 900 knots?" Stiles asked undid the knots.

Madison watched as they finished untying it. The two opened the cloth, showing half of a dead wolf. The boys jumped out of the hole, screaming while Madison screamed, dropping the flashlight into the hole.

"I'm not getting that." Madison stated glancing at her flashlight that was too close to the dead wolf.

"What the hell is that?" Stiles asked.