[69] Life Changing

"They were there for two days

"They were there for two days." Cora told Madi and Stiles, talking about Derek and how he's ran away. "Waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us, hide and heal.

"Okay, so is two days standard then? Or are we thinking Derek's on like some extended getaway?" Stiles asked.

"Why do you care?" Cora asked.

"Why do I care? Let's see-," Stiles started. "because over the last few weeks, my best friend and girlfriend have both tried to kill themselves, my best friends boss nearly got ritually sacrificed, a girl that's I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed was killed by alphas, do you want me to keep going? Cause I can, all right? For like an hour."

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asked.

"Well since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah." Stiles answered.

"I just want to know if Derek's ok." Madi told Cora. "But Stiles does make a good point."

"I don't know, there's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him." Cora said.

"What was he like?" Madi asked right before they heard footsteps come down the stairs. She rolled her eyes seeing who it was.

"A lot like Scott actually." Peter answered. "A lot like most teenagers, unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really one to other teenagers."

"And so what happened?" Stiles asked, "What changed him?"

"Well the same thing that changes a lot of young men," Peter looked at Stiles, then looking at Madi, "A girl."

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart?" Stiles asked. "That's why Derek is the way he is?"

"Do you remember Derek before he was an alpha had blue eyes." Peter said, them nodding. "Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

"I just always thought it was like a genetic thing." Stiles said.

"If you want to know what changed Derek," Peter started, "You need to know that changed the color of his eyes."

Peter than started telling the three teens how teen Derek, who was shockingly an annoying cocky jock in high school. In his sophomore year he had met this girl name Paige, who honestly to Madi seemed way out of his league.

"Okay so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he?" Stiles asked, "How old were you? How old are you now?"

"Not as young as we could have been but not as old as you might think." Peter answered.

"Okay that was frustratingly vague." Stiles said as Madi looked at Cora.

"How old are you?" She asked Cora.