[38] Life Changing

"Is that even a language?" Stiles asked as the three looked through the bestiary

"How are we supposed to figure out what this thing is?" Scott asked.

"It's called a kanima." Derek said walking over with Erica.

"You knew the whole time." Stiles answered.

"No." Derek answered. "Only when it was confused by its own reflection."

"It doesn't know what it is." Madi stated crossing her arms, trying to get some more warmth as cold breeze hit her wet clothes.

"Or who." Derek added.

"What else do you know?" Stiles asked.

"Just stories. Rumors." Derek answered.

"But it's like us?" Scott asked.

"It's a shapeshifter, yes." Derek answered. "But it's- it's not right. It's like a," Derek tried to find the right words.

"Abomination." Stiles finished for Derek. Derek nodded then went to leave.

"Derek," Scott called out, "We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents."

"You trust them?" Derek asked with anger.

"Nobody trusts anyone. That's the problem!" Scott snapped back. "While were here arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier, stronger, and faster than any of us, and it's killing people! And we still don't even know anything about it!"

"I know one thing." Derek started. "When I find it," he said turning around, "I'm gonna kill it." He said walking away.

They all sighed, "I'm ready to go home." Madi muttered getting into her moms car. Scott got into the drivers seat and Stiles got into the back.

After a couple minutes they dropped Stiles off, and headed to the hospital to get there mom.

"Come on, we're here." Scott said shaking Madi's shoulder, making the girl open her eyes.

She got out of the car, hearing Scott gasp in pain and feeling a sharp pain in her stomach. Madi grunted looking at Scott quickly seeing Gerard with a knife in Scott's stomach.

"Scott!" Madi yelled in fear running to his side. She went to do something but Gerard only stared at her as he stuck the blade in further into Scott's stomach making Madi halt in her steps. She knew if she did anything he'll do it again.