[63] Life Changing

Everyone ran out of the bus either cough or gagging

Everyone ran out of the bus either cough or gagging. Madi held her nose not wanting to smell the throw up.

"Jared you suck!" Coach yelled out the window while spraying air freshener. "Hey! Somebody grab some towels or a mop. Or a new bus."

"That was," Madi said replaying the last couple of minutes in her head. "Disgusting."

Madi and Stiles carried Scott to the bathroom, Allison and Lydia following. They put Scott down as slowly as they could, him whimpering in pain. Madi could feel the pain but she pushed it aside to help her brother.

Allison lift his shirt, revealing the long, deep, cuts that bled black. "Oh my god." Allison whispered as Madi's heart dropped.

"It's okay. It's okay. You'll be fine." Madi tried to convince more herself then her brother, "You better be fine."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Allison asked.

"Sorry." Scott weakly smiled.

"Okay, just give us a second okay?" Allison whispered. She stood up with the other three, "This shouldn't be happening. I've seen him heal from worse than this."

"Okay what do we do then?" Stiles asked urgently. "Do we just call an ambulance?"

"What if it's too late. What if they can't help?" Allison asked.

"We gotta do something."

"You know, it could be psychological." Lydia said suddenly.

"What do you mean like psychosomatic?" Madi asked.

"Somatoformic." Lydia answered. The three looked at her clueless, "A physical illness from a psychogenic cause. Yes it's all in the head." She answered Stiles look.

Madi looked at her brother, "All in his head?" She asked with worry, "Because Derek?" Lydia nodded, "But I'm fine and I-," she started stopping herself after realizing she was about to tell them she thought Derek's death was her fault. And she didn't need them to consult her on how is wasn't. "He's not letting him heal cause Derek died." She changed the subject.

"So what do we do?" Allison asked as Stiles glanced at Madi, noticing how she changed her sentence.

Lydia grabbed the mini sewing kit out of her bag, "Stitch him up." They looked at her with shock, "I'm serious. Maybe all he needs to do is just believe it's healing."

"Okay." Madi said as Stiles nodded. Allison grabbed the kit and they quickly got to work.

Madi went to Scott who started to slump where he sat, "Hey, come on we're gonna make you better."

"Do you feel this too?" He asked barely above a whisper. Madi looked into his eyes that threatened to close. She nodded slightly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry." Madi told him, "It'll be over soon."