[36] Life Changing

After the two got up they slowly skated, getting the hang of it again

After the two got up they slowly skated, getting the hang of it again. Every now and then they would be distracted by Lydia's professional ice skating or Scott's miserable attempts to ice skate, making them fall into one another.

"You know, I think I like the Roller Rinks better." Madi said as they skated.

"Yeah why?" Stiles asked.

"Well, there isn't the constant fear of falling onto ice and cracking your head open." Madi answered.

"Thank you, Madison for now making me scared of Ice Skating." Stiles said sarcastically.

Madi took a deep breath, "my legs are getting tired,"

"Come, we'll take a break, go get some snacks from the vending machine." Stiles said.

They got to the door and Stiles stepped out first. Madi lifted her foot but then lost her balance. She fell forward into Stiles chest. They stared at each other for what felt like forever until Scott fell on the ice behind them making them snap out of their daze and look at Scott.

"I'm good! Don't mind me!" He said trying to get up, but ending up slipping again. Madi chuckled as she got out of Stiles's grasp.

"Come, we can go to the photo booth!" Madi exclaimed seeing the booth. They took their skates off quickly and ran to the photo booth in their socks.

They got in and Stiles got some change out of his pockets. He put the quarters in the slot and they got ready for the pictures.

"Okay Okay! Uh regular smile!" Madi exclaimed. They both smiled as the flash went off.

"Now! Funny face!" Stiles stated. They both made weird faces as the next flash went off.

Madi was about to suggest the next one when she felt Stiles lips on her cheek. She smiled as her heart raced as the next flash went off. After she looked at Stiles who stared back at her. He glanced down at her lips as the last flash went off making Madi jump.

"Uh," Madi chuckled awkwardly. "We should probably go get the pictures and see how they turn out."

"Yeah." Stiles agreed, both of them not moving. All the sudden they heard banging from outside the booth.

"Come on! We want to go!" Scott yelled from outside. They quickly got out, Stiles glaring at his best friend as Madi got the photos. Stiles looked at Madi as the couple got into the booth.

"So how did they turn out?" Stiles asked. Stiles noticed Madis confused face. "Madi?"  She held out one of the photo strips.

Stiles grabbed it and looked. He saw watch she was confused about. The first three photos Madi's eyes were purple. The last one you couldn't t tell cause she wasn't looking at the camera.

"It- it must be the lighting." Stiles shrugged it off.

"Why aren't yours purple?" Madi asked, her mind drifting to the many drawings of purple eyes in her sketchbook.