54

"I'm bad at parenting, aren't I?"

"Yes you are," Jumin agreed, "but so am I. We're equally bad at raising our kid." Exactly like what Elizabeth had in mind, Jumin had always been so bold with his remark and she would appreciate it forevermore.

Both were too young for the things they started. Spending the age of adolescence together, going for whatever short-term goals they had in mind. They weren't prepared for the consequences, and yet they shared their struggles as two people who had matured through time and experience.

Elizabeth sighed. "Aren't you mad that I'm raising Minho instead of my own son?"

"I was," he emphasized the last word, "but what can I do, though? At least I'm glad now. Somehow your absence helped me to become the caring father to Jisung that I am now, or so I believe."

"I see..." she trailed off, memories from old times flashed in her mind, "and raising someone else's son changed me to a better mother. Although I have initially planned to go back, I didn't expect my chance to come so soon."

Jumin checked his watch. "So now what are we going to do with the current situation?"

All parties went silent. They figured they must wait for the kids to solve their problems first before they took another step. It's funny how they let them decide their future. If they want the Han's family to go back together, they will do, but if they don't want to, then it's okay too.

"What about you?" she shot the question to Jumin, "do you still have feelings for me after all the stupid things I've done."

"To be honest I've never even felt like this with Elizabeth the 3rd," Jumin began, "Elizabeth, you are completely different from all women my father had met. Isn't it a miracle that I managed to find someone so innocent and as understanding as you?"

"Jumin..." Just like that, all the hidden emotions began to rise once again.

Humans are simple people with complex emotions built up from past time memories. Although some people move on easily than some others, they are all the same. At the end of the day you can never forget the things you want to forget.

Jumin ignored her. "I-I never needed a cat. I needed a special person just like you." His arms found their ways to meet her back, and so they shared a warm embrace as they fixed the broken pieces. "I've finally found you, and I don't want you to disappear from my eyes, so quit thinking about leaving. If you do, I might go insane and send out wanted ads all over the country."

She thought the man was finished with his words. Turned out he's yet to pour everything he wanted to say.

Jumin finished his speech, "I never imagined, not even yesterday, that I'd be holding you in my arms right now... now that I've touched you, I'm only getting greedy. I can feel my present self changing."

"Words become meaningful once they reached you," she mumbled nonchalantly.

"Pardon?"

"You said that before." Elizabeth smiled brightly. "Don't worry too much. Jisung and Minho will be okay. Still, we need to give them time to adjust. As much as they want to leave each other right now, they can't. Their eyes remain crystal clear like always, they're too attached to be separated."

┉┉

Too attached to be separated.

"Oi, wake up you blonde ass motherfucker." Felix clapped his hands repeatedly right in front of Jisung's face.

"My eyes are open," he answered absentmindedly.

This isn't working, Felix thought to himself. Therefore he put his middle finger on the bridge of his best friend's nose. "How many fingers am I showing?" he asked in a serious tone.