19

"Look, Dad! I'm flying," Jisung enthusiastically cheered. His hands wouldn't stop flapping like a little bird.

Jumin sighed, adjusting his collar. "Jisung, stop hanging yourself on every item you found in this room. How many times do I have to tell you, flying isn't a doable activity that one's can do on a regular basis. It's commonly used in stories or films for a mere entertainment purposes. There is a sharp distinction between fantasy and reality."

Jisung whined, "But—"

"No buts. Now would you please go down and be realistic? I still have many things to do and yet to be finished."

Jisung untangled the rope which was attached around his waist and got down. He stomped out of the room with the biggest frown plastered on his face. He slammed the door in the process, not bothering to mutter a single word. Childhood tantrum at its finest.

Jisung was beyond pissed. In his small head, he wished to leave the house and live a life without Jumin. Not even thinking whether he could find a house or eat food for the rest of his life if that actually happened.

Running out of the mansion with his tears running, he promised himself to never step his foot inside the gigantic mansion.

It was a stupid escape planned by the stupid Han Jisung, luckily someone was there to crush his stupid dream of escaping.

It was his mother.

"Ouch!" Jisung rubbed his head in result of crashing onto his mother. Upon realizing the person she had just bumped, his mother rushed to his side to check on his condition.

She kneeled down to similarize their height. "Jisung-ah, why are you running out?" Jisung didn't answer, instead he let his tears fall again. She immediately knew the answer. "Well, well. Did something happen between you and daddy?"

Jisung nodded, tears continued to drip. "I see," she murmured under her breath. Remained calm, she parted Jisung's jet black bangs which covered his face. Puffy eyes, that's what she saw, thus she wiped the tears every time a single one drops.

"M-mom, can humans fly? Can I f-fly?" Jisung managed to spit those words between his sobbing.

"Of course, sweetie." She offered her hand to lead him out of the mansion. "Come with me. You wanted to go out, didn't you? I'll come with you."

Jisung looked at her in the eyes, smiling like an idiot. He accepted her hand wholeheartedly.

"Now that's the smile I'm looking for."

And so they walked around the neighborhood, sharing chit-chats throughout the way, smiling to each other along the journey. They were accompanied with the breeze of nature. They continued to walk notwithstanding the gray sky. Moreover, she didn't forget to bring an umbrella.

They saw birds flying away as they stepped closer. "Are the birds scared of me for not having wings to fly?" Jisung pouted, still angry the fact that his dream of flying wasn't valued enough by Jumin; his own father.

"Sweetie, you don't need wings to fly." She pinched Jisung's cheeks and continued, "You just need ambition. One's cannot fly without believing it can happen, even when someone else crushed your dream to fly."

Jisung stopped on his track, his mother too. "But he said to be realistic, I should be able to differentiate fantasy and reality."

She picked up Jisung's petite body and let him crawled to her shoulders. "You cannot obtain reality without experiencing fantasy. Reality tells you the way of living, fantasy tells you the map to reality. It's called dream, my love. That's the purpose of living, and it's to find you: the connecting door to both sides."