52

A week passed by faster than all internet connection in South Korea combined. The last time Sunday came so quickly, Pristin still existed.

Although both Jisung and Minho couldn't wait for the family dinner, Jumin's hectic schedule and his sudden business trip didn't work out to their favor. In result, the most awaited dinner plan had to be postponed. It's not canceled, though they must wait for another 2 weeks. In other words, they couldn't spend Christmas and New Year together.

Jisung didn't mind waiting. After all, he got the chance to went abroad with Jumin while he's occupied on his duty. With Jumin's absence, he had the opportunity to explore Japan with Eunwoo and Elizabeth the 3rd by his side.

On the pile of snow, Jisung excitedly hopped his foot one by one. Everytime he's met with rocks or any obstacle, he leaped then walked forward. Eyes glued on the ground, he made sure he didn't trip because he couldn't handle the embarrassment.

Next to him was the one and only Cha Eunwoo. His left hand was held hostage by his young boss, while the other hand was holding Elizabeth the 3rd's little warm cage.

Hearing Christmas songs playing everytime he stepped inside an establishment irked him sometimes, since the choices of songs weren't creative, or perhaps there weren't that many famous Christmas songs to play. However, he didn't paid much attention to the songs anymore. He only focused on spending his dad's money for his own happiness. True, money can't buy happiness, but Jisung would much rather cry in his Jacuzzi while sipping champagne, instead of laughing his ass off on the street with his tattered clothing.

While Jisung was passing shop by shops, a small looking business caught his attention. It was an aesthetic, peaceful-looking cat cafe. Still stomping on his feet, the boy dragged Eunwoo to the establishment. They were greeted by the workers as they made their way inside. The place felt much warmer compared to the weather outside.

They were afraid that they wouldn't let Elizabeth the 3rd enter the place. Thankfully, they're all familiar with the cat since she's now worldwide famous.

No words could describe the state of happiness Jisung's felt at that moment. He regretted the days back then when he despised cats due to his personal grudge. Never he would've realized how cute cats are. He would describe Elizabeth the 3rd as an intruder a year ago, whereas he considered her now as a friendly companion.

He read somewhere on the internet that petting a purring cat can calm the owner and that's exactly how he felt the moment he ran his fingers on Elizabeth the 3rd's soft fur. Eunwoo was also savoring the moment with him. If Eunwoo wasn't there, Jisung would most likely get lost in Japan.

Even though Jisung gave so much love for Elizabeth the 3rd, his love for Eunwoo was much bigger. It's not that he's considering to date Eunwoo and leave Minho behind. No way. Although Jumin saw Eunwoo as Jisung's big brother who wanted to protect him from all the bad things in the world, Jisung kind of viewed Eunwoo as his mother because he kept seeing his mother in Eunwoo's gaze. That's mainly the reason why he managed to survive this long despite the emptiness in his heart that he used to cry over.

He was all over the moon to realize that his phone was ringing so loudly. The boy jolted as Eunwoo tapped his shoulder twice before picking up the call from his best friend.

"Breaking news!" Jisung found it odd from the way Felix didn't use his usual G'day fucktard greeting.

"Am I suppose to guess?" he asked. Not used to panicked Felix.

Felix nodded, though Jisung couldn't see it. "Yes. Something unexpected happened to me."

Jisung usually hated it when people ask him this question. However, he didn't if Felix was the one asking. He actually roamed his head, imagining different scenarios that could make Felix this restless.