33

It was midnight and Jisung was waiting patiently outside Jumin's office for God knows how long. He wasn't expecting the long wait, his body was though, remained still. Even Eunwoo was concerned since this was the first time he saw Jisung being so persistent. He could see Jisung's determination from the way Jisung stared at the door. It was blindly obvious, even for blind people. Seven sure had gotten Jisung wrapped around his finger.

Up until this second, Jisung hasn't spoke a word to Minho. He was being hesitant without him knowing, though he promised Seven to give Minho a proper conversation. Maybe later.

He may regret it later, at least not for now.

As soon as he saw the door opening, without second thought, he pulled Jumin's hand with force, leading him to the other building.

Jumin's mouth agape a little. "Jisung, what—"

"We need to talk." Jisung's put on a serious look on his face. "Jaehee (Jumin's personal assistant), take care of Elizabeth for a minute!"

"Of course I will." Jaehee faked a smile. "Mr. Han, call me if you need anything." Jumin nodded in approval, then Jaehee left them alone.

They arrived at an empty room alone. Both of them sit face to face, knowing what kind of topic Jisung would discuss.

Jumin opened the discussion, expressionless. "What did Seven tell you?" Well, it may sounded like an interrogation at this point. Regardless, they went with the flow.

"Not much," he answered truthfully. "He basically encouraged me to talk to you. He didn't tell me anything aside from your sexuality."

"Oh" was all Jumin could say. Jisung's eyes flickered with incredulity. Some part of him felt satisfied upon making Jumin speechless, some other felt bad for touching such sensitive topic. Nonetheless, he has the right to be specific.

Jisung knew their conversation wouldn't last long, so he muttered his apology for acting arrogant and selfish to Jumin. A sincere apology won't hurt anybody.

Jumin's voice softened. "You don't have to be sorry. I should be the one apologizing for being a workaholic. I should've prioritized family over profession." His hand found his way to Jisung's smaller ones. Connecting their hands, a strong family bond rushed throughout their body, loosened their ego, opened their minds, and ease the heart. This felt better than any other meditation Jisung had attempted before.

"If you're sorry, why don't you share some of your experiences? You know... tell me about your ex boyfriend," he pleaded, eyes rapidly blinking.

"Well, it's time for you to know." Jumin breathed in and out, eyes darting to Jisung's big ones. "Jihyun Kim was my childhood friend before we dated."

Jisung didn't look satisfied with the short statement, thus Jumin proceeded the story. "We grew up in the same neighborhood, continuously met at the church, and whatnots. Our friendship was merely platonic back then."

"How did you two end up as lovers?" Jisung posed a question Jumin was dreading to hear, yet he stayed calm and composed.

"He moved due to his family's business and we lost contact. I was too busy with work while constantly dealing with women I'm not interested to deepen my relationship with, while the story of Jihyun remained unknown. He was the secretive type who enjoys hoarding his burdens all by himself." Jumin's eyes teared up a little while story-telling. Jisung couldn't help but notice his glassy iris. Even so, he didn't bother a single muscle, letting Jumin mourned in his tiny own world.

Hands still interlocked, he continued, "One day, I went to the mountains. I had a rough day after dealing with my parent's divorce and more women. I was yearning for a peaceful evening as I enjoyed the scenery from the mountains. There I met Jihyun: the guy who mysteriously disappeared from this world... "