53

Before the accident...

If Eunwoo's prediction wasn't wrong, he should've arrived at Minho's residence with Elizabeth the 3rd in 10 minutes after his call with Jumin ended.

Too bad he's not that good at predicting occurring events.

After he finished talking to Jumin, he dialed Jaehee who's already home because Jumin decided to give her a vacation after a while. After all, she deserved it for working so hard.

"Hello," said Jaehee from kilometers away.

Eunwoo responded, "Jaehee, can you please tell Bambam to read my messages?"

Jaehee frowned. "Can't you do it yourself?" she questioned.

"If I can, I don't need to call you now," he answered. "Bambam hasn't been checking my messages because I pranked him yesterday, so I think you should be the one to do it since he finds you intimidating."

She sighed. "You two should really stop pulling pranks on each other. You're not a kid anymore, Eunwoo."

"I kinda am on the inside." He laughed, whereas Jaehee couldn't find the funny point in this conversation. "By the way, you should really find a date because you're starting to be as boring as your boss."

"No, thank you," she refused, "love is just an illusion created by emotions with an expiration date. Don't waste your career over this."

"Wasn't Mr. Han like that too before? I heard stories about him from—"

Suddenly loud noises deafened Jaehee's ear and the call ended. Eunwoo never finished his sentence, though Jaehee kind of figured out what happened to him.

She didn't like to assume things abruptly without proof. Nevertheless, she didn't waste anytime to dialed the emergency number to tell Eunwoo's location because he had previously shared his location to Jaehee in case he got lost, which came in handy for this situation.

She thereupon dialed Jumin while trying her best to keep her cool although she's panicking inside. She's yet to fully registered all the fuckery that she just heard.

"Yes, Assistant Kang," said Jumin, hesitating.

"Mr. Han, I have a terrible news," Jaehee reported, her voice pitchy, "It's related to Cha Eunwoo and Elizabeth the 3rd..." She paused again for a second.

"... there has been an accident."

┉┉

"We need to go right now." Jumin gazed at Jisung before grabbing his coat to leave. "I'm sorry, but there's an emergency."

Minho was startled with all the things that's happening at the same time. "Wait, where are you guys going?"

"To the hospital," answered Jumin.

"Can I go?" he corrected himself, "can we go?" The we in Minho's statement referred to Elizabeth. Jumin didn't like the idea at all, especially knowing it's Eunwoo they're talking about.

He declined, "I apologize, but we must—"

"Please," Elizabeth pleaded desperately.

Jumin was trying to hide his emotions with a cold gaze as he said, "okay."

They packed some of the foods that were easy to carry and didn't have a prominent smell, then Jumin told his driver to head to the place where Eunwoo's staying in, according to Jaehee's information.