25

"Her name is Elizabeth the 3rd."

Jisung frowned in disappointment. "I don't like cats. Their fur is annoying and they poop everywhere."

"Right, and that's the reason I bought her." She cupped his side with her warmth. She whispered, "So she'll behave. In order to accomplish that, we have to teach her."

"Isn't Elizabeth just an animal? Teaching her not to poop everywhere is harder than it is to teach a baby."

She planted a soft kiss on Jisung's forehead. "Be it an animal or a human, everything's fixable. Elizabeth the 3rd isn't just a cat. One day, you'll realize what a good companion she is."

"But—"

"I know. Having a cat out of the blue is not a very convenient thing for someone like you. That's why you don't have to worry."

"Why?" he questioned.

"Your father will help you take care of Elizabeth the 3rd. Besides, he's a cat lover."

Will he? He doesn't even care about me, or so his head spoke to him.

"Sung-ie, we have arrived," Minho reported while turning off the engine.

Jisung flinched the moment he felt Minho's hand on his shoulder. He had been spacing out during the whole ride in Minho's car. His hands were still clutching tightly to the flower bouquet they had bought beforehand.

"Hyung, why do you love cats?" He asked when his hands were putting off the safety belt.

"What's with the absurd question..." He scratched his head, totally not immersed in the moment.

"Answer me!"

"Alright. Chill there, baby squirrel." Jisung shot him a glare upon the given nickname. It seemed for him that his boyfriend wasn't thriving with the nickname, though it sounded cute in his head.

"Cats are very cute, especially their meowing whenever they're asking for food. Plus, their fur is so fluffy, you just can't get enough of it," he explained with his heart. "I mean... I have three cats at the moment, but I often feel like I need more."

"Then why don't you buy more cats?"

Minho grinned in satisfaction. Pulling their body closer as he inched forward. His head leaned on Jisung's shoulder—whispering, "Because I've found myself another cat. The most beautiful one in this world." Jisung gulped his own saliva upon understanding the meaning behind his words. Jisung leaned back which resulted him with a headache.

Shit. I forgot that we're in a car. Ouchie, that fucking hurts.

Getting back to his senses, he hid his embarrassment for later and change the topic. "Ah, where are we? This isn't your house, is it?"

Minho scooted away. "It's a special place." Minho left the car and so did he.

"The Daffodils... they're gonna love it."

"Who?"

"My parents."

The atmosphere turned quiet within a mere sentence. Two words to be exact. The boys avoided eye-contact, although they could feel each other's presence by the sound of fallen leaf which got crushed as they walked in silence.

As soon as they arrived at the graveyard, Minho's heart clenched. Jisung could feel the same feeling he's going through. Seeing Minho searched for his parents' tombstone with a slight smile on his face made him realize how strong Minho was. If he was in Minho's position, he was certain that he couldn't hold his tears, furthermore putting on a smile. The loneliness must've felt crazy to be described in words.