48

"I envy you."

"Not surprised." Jisung's gaze fell on the guy in front of him again. "But I'm kinda surprised you're awake."

"Can't sleep. I'd rather talk to you." Minho softened his already soft facial expression, his lips quivered. "I was low-key scared when you started talking to yourself."

"Well, I need advice from a real ass bitch since you're being such a hard headed birdbrain."

"I'm sorry."

From the corner of his eyes, Jisung knew Minho was feeling guilty; absolutely, inarguably guilty. Jisung didn't like the fact that he's constantly feeling guilty. However, he needed to. He should be.

Jisung closed his eyes, still lying on the bed. "I don't need your apologies. I need your honesty."

"Right." He sat up straight, face to face with the beige wall.

"Was it the kiss?"

Jealousy. One of the most complex emotions stretched from many factors, mainly due to low self-esteem which triggers constant fear of losing one's position or ownership. Happens a lot of time, especially when one's relationship is on the line. A trouble faced by everyone almost everyday. Usually jealousy is portrayed as a cute human trait in cliché novels, but in reality it's not.

In reality, jealousy is one of the biggest root of all evils. Just like how Cain killed Abel in the first testament, jealousy is indeed very dangerous. At least that's how Jisung portrayed it.

Fuck the bible, jealousy is a disease.

The thought of Minho being envious made him sad because it meant the latter didn't have enough faith in them. He didn't trust their relationship enough, it's heartbreaking. Still, he might be over thinking. Quickly, he brushed those negative thoughts away. He believed Minho would have a good reason for it.

Minho knew well he shouldn't lie. "Yes, but actually no." Somehow, his nervousness began to rise. "The kiss was sorta intriguing, though it wasn't the main reason." He gulped his own spit.

"Really?" The blonde cocked his eyebrows questioningly. "I wouldn't be surprised about the kiss—"

"I overheard your conversation with Chan the other night."

"Which o—" Jisung shot his eyes open. He later regretted his decision because the light immediately attacked his eyes to the point he was seeing after images, just to his discomfort. He was so shocked, he wouldn't have expected Minho to say that. "Um... I don't think that's something to be jealous about," he said.

"Are you okay?" he asked out of the blue.

"Yes, but actually no."

Both of them took moment of silence. No longer lying on the bed, Jisung found his way to his bag, ripping out the package of his favorite St. Eriks potato chips which happened to be the world's most expensive potato chips in the industry snacks drenched in oil and preservatives.

"I wanna help you," Minho proposed an idea.

Again, the younger could only cock an eyebrow. "Why though? Do I need help?" he asked himself.

Do I need help? Jisung was confused as well.

The older scooted closer, his hands swiftly grabbed a good amount of chips, then retreated. Eyes wide open, he was dead serious. "I wanna help you find your mother," he whispered before eating the chips.

Jisung only stayed silent. He had no idea on how to respond to that.

Minho took his silence as his cue to go on. "I—I envy you for still having your mother alive somewhere, thus it itches me when you're not reacting optimistically," he said. "I want you to live with a complete family, so please... let me help you."