52.5

Special Chapter: The World in Her Eyes

She couldn't exactly remember the path to her own house. Well, not really. She knew as well that she in fact didn't have a house to begin with. Throughout her days living in poverty, she slept anywhere, everywhere, with nowhere to go to.

A girl with tattered clothing, a girl whose hair smelled like dandruff, a girl without a name. Somehow she managed to live her life to the fullest despite not possessing all the things people in general have.

That day felt like magic to her. An ordinary day turned into miracle from the second she accidentally stepped on Jumin Han's shoe.

She stepped back. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean—"

"Don't you worry," a voice cut her off, "Jumin doesn't care much about accidents like this." The boy with mint hair gave her a reassuring look.

The Jumin guy replied, "Jihyun, we both know it's impolite to cut other people's sentences." He turned his head to the girl he just met that day. "I'm sorry, were you trying to explain something?"

Her cheeks blushed in embarrassment. "Y-yes, but it's okay. I apologize for stepping on your shoe. Is there something I can do to repay my mistake?" Judging from the shoes, she knew she was stepping on something really expensive.

Jumin stayed silent, hence Jihyun took over the conversation. "Do you wanna be friends with us? I really want to be friends with girls too. However, the girls I met in church and in school said Jumin and I are too boring."

"I don't think I deserve to—"

"I take that as a yes," Jihyun exclaimed then shook her hand.

"Jihyun, you're being impolite again," said Jumin.

She couldn't process what was happening to her. The only thing she knew, they became friends that day. Just like that. She was only ten. The two older guys before her were the ones responsible for every changes in her life. From that day, she learned that the world must've pitied her by giving her such privilege to encountered these two.

She still couldn't forget the blue sky she saw that day. The sunlight, the wind brushing against her cheeks, her eyes staring at the clouds sauntering away.

"I don't have anything, though," she admitted.

"You have us now," Jihyun assured.

"No, I mean..." she was too flustered by their wholesomeness. "I don't even have a name." She played with her fingers, still embarrassed.

"Elizabeth," Jumin muttered out of the blue.

Jihyun clicked his fingers. "Sounds good!"

Jumin's eyebrows twitched. "No, I was referring to the answer to number 12 across on the crossword I did yesterday."

"I like it, though," she admitted. They looked pleased too, even though it was a rushed decision. It's not like she cared.

They were just vibing.

┉┉

Jumin and Jihyun lived in a very rich neighborhood. It's a fact that everyone couldn't help but get jealous of Elizabeth was aware with this fact as well. In fact, she often dreamed about switching life with them. Even so, she was glad for everything that happened to her. They're both nice people.

When Elizabeth was still young, Jumin and Jihyun would provide her with a shit ton amount of food in Jumin's mansion since his father rarely came home. She would bring the foods to her parents.