22

Jisung smiled. "I'll be fine, momma Eunwoo. I promise."

"Well, if you say so..."

Jisung ended the call like the call ender he is. Throughout his life, he has ended more calls than any other human can possibly do. Most calls he received were advertisements. From property ads to condoms. He had tapped the end call button more than Rihanna mentions Ella in the song Umbrella.

Swinging his hands in excitement, Jisung's hand snatched one of the spare umbrellas that Chan have prepared. Out of 14 umbrellas ranging from the brightest yellow to the monochromatic emo umbrella, Jisung choose the golden one for its being the one to grab his attention whatsoever.

Jogging his foot, purposely jumping on puddles as what his heart desired. Getting his shearling boots drenched may didn't sound very delightful, but at this point, there's no point in keeping up with his standards anymore. In fact, he was happy with the thought that the puddles would wash away the obnoxious odor within his boots.

Houses passed by, several shops went by, and a warm cup of coffee was his closest companion. Jisung never expected himself to enjoy walking beneath the rainy sky with an expresso which he bought seconds ago.

"A duck walked up to a lemonade stand. And he said to the man, running the stand." He spun his fidget spinner as he sing. "Hey! Got any grapes?"

"The man said..." Shrugging, he replied to himself, "No we just sell lemonade. But it's cold and it's fresh and it's all home-made. Can I get you
Glass?"

"The duck said, 'I'll pass.' Then he waddled away-waddle waddle 'til the very next day." He was so into the song that he forgot he had fever.

"Bum bum bum bum ba-bada-dum-oh fuck no!" Jisung threw his fidget spinner, attempting to catch the item with his two fingers. However, the fidget spinner slipped through his grip and fell onto the puddles.

In a flash, he bent over to reach the fallen fidget spinner. He held his breath as his fingers wandered inside the water. On the process, a ring slipped from his pocket due to his body position. The ring fell on the flat ground, then spun itself like a tire.

He sighed. "Fever, I'm sorry but you're not my priority anymore." Squinting his eyes, Jisung hurriedly chasing his ring like it's the most precious jewel in the universe. He was fast but the ring was faster.

"... please be safe, okay? You know how much it scares me to see you alone in the darkness of life."

He stopped on his track as the sound of a honking car coming to his direction. The car stopped too, just in time. His expresso though, was no longer expresso.

The driver got out of the car, looking unamused. "Idiot! Use your fucking eyes!" He saw fingers pointing to his direction in a distasteful manner, judging him for his stupid act. Jisung was beyond startled. No words had managed to escape his mouth.

"Were you not listening to me?! Get the fuck out of the way before I drive you over!" The angry driver went back to the car, honking again and again to make sure Jisung wasn't in his way. Jisung yelped in surprise, then crawled to the rear with wobbly legs.

"Kids these days are so damn ridiculous." The driver hit the gas with a powerful kick, going wherever he's heading to. The car soon vanished from Jisung's eyes.

Wincing in pain, the combination of fever, shock, and being kissed on the cheek by the asphalt seemed to be perfect for Jisung. His eyes traveled everywhere, until he found an item he's been looking for: The ring. Collecting whatever's left in his body, the boy stood up, fixed his golden umbrella, then continued his plan.