17

"Happy birthday to me

"Happy birthday to me."

y/n pov

I opened my eyes to the sound of a loud thud.

"Oh, sorry, y/n. Didn't mean to wake you." Ron apologized in a hushed tone, as if someone else was here with us.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. 

Ron was standing at the counter with his wand raised to what looked to be the hybrid of a cake and a stick?

"What are you doing?" I asked in between a yawn.

"I was trying to transfigure you a cake. We have to celebrate, it's not just everyday you turn 17." 

I mentally groaned as I remebered what day it is. 

My seventeeth birthday.

I'd be thrilled if it was at any other time, you know, when we're not in the middle of a war. 

"I appreciate it, Ron, but you don't have to."

"Of course I do, you would have done the same."

Which of course was true. 

Ron and I have been here five weeks. We haven't heard anything from Harry and Hermione. I sometimes worry they're dead. 

Then I remeber Voldermort would practically throw a party if Harry Potter were dead.

I really wanted us all to be back together today. It would have made my birthday a little more sufferable.

Ron groaned as the stick transfugured into a pack of flour.

"Bloody transfiguration." He muttered.

"Do you want me to do it?"

"No, no. It's your birthday. You don't make your own cake on your birthday."

"You also don't spend your birthday in a treehouse, on the run from you-know-who, and without  the rest of your friends." 

"Touche." 

Ron raised his arms in defeat and walked away from his cake attempt.

I grabbed my wand and raised it to the cake. 

The flour turned into a small white cake with little decorations on top.

Ron beckoned for me to taste it. I got a fork and took a bite of the cake. On a regular day, it'd be ok, but when you haven't had anything sweet in months, it tastes amazing. 

I immediately dug the fork into it for another bite.

"Happy?"

"Very." I answered through a mouth full of cake.

I took the cake and placed it on a stool between Ron and I. 

We both ate in silence, taking large bites, and nearly choking every time.