Back to Hogwarts

"Melody?"

"Melody?"

y/n pov

Hermione apparated us to a dark street in Hogsmede.

What used to be a fun weekend activy that everyone looked forward to, was now a dark memory I'd not like to revisit.

We walked down the empty sidewalk for a moment, not a soul in sight.

"I much prefer you in my clothes rather than Bellatrix's." Harry said to me as we walked, grinning as he did so.

He looked ahead of us to see if Ron and Hermione were listening before he bent down to whisper in my ear. "Though, we both know I like you in much less as well."

I had to refrain from smiling as the blush rose to my cheeks. "Even in the midst of war, you manage to find some way to flirt. Impressive."

I laughed as he did a small bow.

Crows from the roof tops began screeching loudly.

"He's here! Spread out! Search everywhere!" A man called in the distance.

We all split up, Hermione and Ron ducking under a near by picnic table with a tarp over it, and Harry and I in a dark alley.

After a few moments of silence, I peeked out to see three deatheaters searching around some picnic tables. The same picnic tables near Ron and Hermione.

I looked around me for something to distract them with. I picked up a small pebble and threw it as far as I could down the road, away from Ron and Hermione.

The crows all flew towards the pebble, the deatheaters following close behind. I beckoned for Ron and Hermione to get up and follow Harry and I.

We ran down the long alley until we reached a gate. Ron tried to pry it open but no luck.

"In here, Potter." A voice whispered from behind us.

Harry immediately followed the man into his house. Ron followed after him, then Hermione. I rolled my eyes before following them into what could likely be a deatheater's lair.

As I walked past the man, I noticed he had a long white beard similar to Dumbledore's. For half a second I thought it was Dumbledore.

We walked down a set of stairs and into a dimly lit room.

"Did you get a look at him?" Ron asked. "For a second I thought it was-"

"I know. Dumbledore." Hermione cut off.

I looked to a moving portrait on the wall of a girl. She was young, couldn't have been older than sixteen. She was standing in a field in a tattered blue dress from the nineteeth century.

Next to the portrait was a mirror with Harry's face on it. The bottom of the mirror had a peice broken off of it. About the same size as the mirror peice Sirius gave Harry.