Ferret Boy

"You know I'm going to have to call you ferret boy now, don't you?"

y/n pov

I had just come from the library where Harry, Hermione, and I were looking for an easy way to defeat a dragon again. Still no luck.

"y/n!" Cedric called out. He ran to catch up to me.

"Hi." I beamed.

"Hey, wanna hang out?"

"Obviously." I felt an arm wrap around Cedric and I' shoulders. I turned to see a boy I didn't recognize but Cedric did.

"When are you going to introduce me to your new best friend over here?" The tall blonde boy asked.

"y/n this is Zach. Pay no him no mind, hes an idiot." 

The boy stuck his hand out "Zacahrias Smith, but you can just call me Zach." I shook his hand with a smile and introduced myself "y/n l/n."

"Ah, I finally meet the girl occupying all of my best friends time." Zach said.

Cedric rolled his eyes and pushed him off of us. My eyes fell to a button on Zachs shirt. "Man, I told you all not to wear those." Cedric said as he tore it off.

Zach snatched it out of his hand and pinned it on to Cedrics shirt as we entered the courtyard. The button said "Cedric Rules" on it but switched every few seconds to "Potter stinks."

"Who made those?" I asked.

He shrugged "No idea, probably some Hufflepuff."

"And here I was thinking you all were kind." 

"Don't be fooled, its just a past time." Zach retorted playfully. I talked to Cedric, Zach, and a few Hufflepuffs around us for a while before Harry came over.

"Can I have a word?" He asked Cedric and I.

"All right." Cedric said and we got up to go follow him.

"Potter stinks!" Zach called out. I flipped him off from behind me and continued after Harry. 

We stopped in a small clearing. "Dragons." Harry said. "Thats the first task."

Cedric looked pretty shocked just as Harry and I were when we found out. He cleared his throat. "A-are you serious?"

"Yeah, I saw them too." I said.

"Fleur and Krum do they?-"

"Yeah, they know." Harry finished for him.

"Read the badge Potter." A ravenclaw said as she pushed past Harry. Harry rolled his eyes and began to walk off when Cedric stopped him. "About the badges, I've asked them not to wear them-"

"Don't worry about it." Harry muttered as he walked off.

I gave Cedric a sympathetic look "You ok?"