An Underlying Message

"Its not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull it over things over in the hot water." 

harry pov

Christmas vacation was over and we were back at school for second semester. Every night of break I had that same horrid dream. The graveyard, Pettigrew, Voldermort, Nagini, and the man.

Tonight was no different. I woke up in a cold sweat. I took a second to control my breathing before I got out of bed, just as I do everytime I have the dream.

I needed to talk to someone about this. I haven't heard from Sirius in a while so hes a no. Ron doesn't ever listen, and y/n isn't speaking to any of us.

Hermione. 

She may know what to do. I also need help figuring out this egg. The second task is in 2 days and I have no idea what the clue is.

~

I met Hermione on the bridge a few hours after that.

"You told me you figured out the egg weeks ago! The task is in 2 days!" She scolded. I had told her I found the clue to get her off my back about it.

Clearly I should not have done that.

"Really? I had no idea." I sarcastically responded. "Suppose Krums already figured it out?"

"Wouldn't know. We don't actually talk about the Tournament." She paused for a moment. "Actually we don't really talk at all. Viktors more of a physical being."

I turned to Hermione in suprise. We both laughed at her odd use of words.

"I just mean hes not particularly loquatious." She defended.

"Mhm."

"Mostly he watches me study. Its a bit annoying actually." She thought for a moment before continuing "You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?"

"Whats that supposed to mean?"

"You've just been a bit.....unmotivated lately."

I looked down.

"I'm scared for you. These tests are designed to challenge you in the most brutal ways and you've not really been in your usual headspace lately." 

Before I could answer her someone called "Hey Potter!"

I turned to see Cedric walking down the bridge. Hermione gave me a good luck look and walked off to give us time to talk. 

"How are you?" He asked.

"Spectacular." I answered dryly.

"Look, I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons."

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me." I really just wanted this conversation to be over.

"Exactly. Y-you know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?" I nodded, curious as to where he was going with this.