Unbreakable Vows

"Certainly, professor

"Certainly, professor."

harry pov

I waited in the common room for y/n. I adjusted the collar of my dress robes. I had to go get new ones for Slughorn's christmas party. I'm not entirly exited to go but I'm hoping it will get me closer to him.

y/n walked down from the girls dorm stairs. She had on a stunning black dress that fit her perfectly. 

"You clean up well." I complimented. A small blush rose to my cheeks as I remeber yesterday's.....activities.

"Thank you. You look quite handsome as well."

I held out my arm for her. She took it and we began the walk to where Slughorn was holding his party. 

When we got there, I looked around the room in awe. It was brightly decorated with all kinds of sparkly decorations. 

Christmas music filled the room.

After greeting Professor Slughorn and taking a quick picture with him, we made our way into the room to find Hermione.

She was hiding behind a curtain for some reason. 

y/n and I quickly ducked under it with her.

"Hermione, what happened?" y/n asked.

"I've just escaped." She whispered. 

We both sent her confused looks.

"I left Cromac under the mistletoe."

"Don't tell me you brought him." y/n whined.

"What happened to bringing Neville?" I asked.

"He didn't make it into slug club. Cormac was a last resort and...I thought it would annoy Ron the most." She buried her head in her hands. 

y/n rubbed her back in comfort. 

"He's got more tentacles than a Snarflump plant." Hermione groaned.

One of the waiters ducked under the curtain with us. 

"Dragon tartare?"

"We're fine, thank you."

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath." 

Hermione perked up at his words. She immediately grabbed the entire tray.

"Might keep Cormac at bay."

"Here he comes." y/n said as she pointed to a figure right outside the curtain. Hermione shoved the tray into my hands and ducked out just as Cormac ducked in.

"She's powdering her nose." y/n quickly made up.

"Slippery little minx, your friend. Reminds me a lot of you, y/n." He laughed as he shoved a few of the dragon tartares into his mouth.