It's Time

"It's time

"It's time."

y/n pov

The last months of school were hard. Everyone had to adjust to the knowledge that Voldermort's back.

Things got better after Umbridge was fired. Dumbledore was reinstated, portraits were hung back up, students weren't given detentions full of physical torture, Hogwarts had gone back to normal.

Sirius's death was hard for all of us there that night. Harry especially. 

He's always been good at mourning, grieving, and moving on. Poor boy's had so much death in his life it's hard not to be.

I helped him through as much of it as I could. Ron and Hermione as well. I couldn't stand the thought of having to leave him and go home to a deatheater, but we'll be together again soon.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the summer. I pray that my father doesn't try to get me to join them. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like if I was a deatheater.

I'll get through it.

I always do.

I knocked on the door to Harry's dorm before pushing it open.

"Hey." He breathed. He looked stressed, like he didn't sleep at all last night. His suitcase lay open on the bed with no clothes in it.

"Hi, what happened to packing?" I asked as I moved furthur into the room.

"It's kind of hard to get motivated to pack when you don't want to leave." He sat down on the bed.

"Are you going back to the Dursley's?"

"Unfourtanetly. Are you going back to Rockwood manor?"

I sat down on the bed next to him. "Unfourtanetly." I answered in the same sulky tone he had a moment ago.

"Are you sure it's safe?"

I turned to face him and was met with a worried expression. "It's not like I have much of a choice. I don't have anywhere else to go."

He gave me a sympathetic smile. Usually, I'd be the one comforting him on going home at the end of the year, but due to the fact the Dursley's aren't in close contact with the Dark Lord, I get the sympathy.

I'm not sure I want the sympathy.

Harry rolled my hand over in his own. He slowly rolled down my sleeves to examine the scars. Most had healed up well, but some seem to still be pretty evident.

"You promise to use the ointment everyday?"

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Yes, I promise." Madam Pomfrey gave me a healing lotion for the scars. It stings like a scorpion bite when it gets in between the cut so, I'm not exactly good at consitently using it.

"Come on let's get you packed." I said as I pulled Harry off the bed and started piling clothes into his suitcase.

He groaned in annoyance but started packing anyway.

~

Harry and I walked, hand in hand, down the hallway to head to the great hall. As we turned a corner we found Luna with a check list in her hand.

"How come you're not at the feast?" I asked her.

"Lost all my possessions. Apparently, people have been hiding them." She said as she waved it off as nothing.

"That's awful."

"Oh, it's all good fun. But as it's the last night, I really do need them back."

"Do you want any help finding them?" Harry asked.

"No, my mum always said the things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end."

She looked up at something near the end of the hall. Her shoes were tied to the old chandelier.

"If not always in the way we expect. Think I'll just go have some pudding." 

She gave of one of her award winning smiles as she skipped down the corridor the the great hall.

~

Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Ginny, Neville, and I walked with our bags to the Hogwarts Express.

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore said to me."

"What's that?" Hermione asked.

"That even though we've got a fight ahead of us, we've got the one thing that Voldermort doesn't have."

"Yeah?" 

Harry looked around at all of us before answering. "Something worth fighting for."

~

We got off the train and all said our goodbye's. Even though the school year has ended, I can't help but feel something's not over yet. 

More as, it's just begun.

I walked up to our butler. 

"Ready Ms. Rockwood?"

He held out his arm to apparate, just like he does every year.

"As I'll ever be." I grabbed onto his arm and the spinning sensation overcame me. I felt my feet hit the floor and I opened my eyes.

Rockwood Manor, in all it's glory.

I walked up the front steps and pulled open the heavy door. 

Usually I come home to an empty house with no welcome back, so it was a bit odd for my father to be standing right at the door, waiting for me.

"Yes?" I asked annoyed at his presence.

"It's time."

"T-time for what?" I asked though I think the answers pretty clear.

"Time to join us. Time to become a deatheater."

"No, no bloody way." I said as I slowly backed up to the door. Two people apparated in behind me.

"Ah, our guests are here. y/n, I had a feeling you'd say no so I invited my friends Amycus and Alecto to come help talk sense into you."

I was to afraid to turn around and see if it was the Amycus and Alecto I suspected he was talking about.

"You've probably heard of them as the Carrow twins?"

--------------------------

(1010 Words - Published December 12, 2020)

And there goes year 5.

Sorry about how short this chapter is, we have big things coming in the next few though so buckle up and welcome to year 6

aka the year of the half blood prince

aka the year everyone got horny

aka the year qudditch came back

aka the year before all hell breaks loose