Godric's Hollow

"Merry Christmas

"Merry Christmas."

y/n pov

Hermione and Harry explained to me all that they had figured out while I was gone. They think that the sword of Gryffindor is in Godric's Hollow, so naturally, we apparated to Godric's Hollow.

I looked around at the dimly lit street. You wouldn't even be able to tell it's not a plain old muggle neighborhood.

"I still think we should have used polyjuice potion." Hermione said as we walked down the middle of the road.

"No. This is where I was born. I'm not returning as someone else." Harry responded matter of factly.

A bell tolled in the distance. 

As we continued our walk, I admired the reefs and christmas lights strung from door to door.

I always did love Christmas time. I'd kill to be at the Burrow with a slice of Molly's signature ham right about now. 

I could hear the faint noise of a choir singing and it set a rather sad feeling over the three of us.

"Happy Christmas." Hermione sighed. 

Harry stopped walking as we passed a graveyard. He peered past the graves as if he were looking for a specific one.

"Do you they they'd be in there? My mum and dad?" He asked.

Godric's Hollow was not a large neighborhood. Only a few houses, there would only be one graveyard if any.

"Yeah, I think they would." I answered before walking towards the entrance.

Harry followed after me, then Hermione.

Soon after, we were each in a different section of the graveyard, scanning the names on each tombstone, searching for Lily and James Potter.

Hermione wiped the snow off of one of the graves and bent down to it. I walked over to see who's it was.

"Ignotus Peverell." She read. 

About a foot above the name was the same symbol etched into Hermione's book and on the necklace Mr. Lovegood was wearing. 

"Hey, Harry?" She called. 

He was standing over on the other side of the yard, eyes locked on one tombstone. 

He must have found them.

Hermione and I shared a glance before walking over to him. 

James and Lily's grave was plain. Nothing really drew attention to it. It certainly didn't show off what amazing people lay under it.

I pulled out my wand and carefully transfigured a bow of white flowers. Ones that wouldn't die in the cold.

A single tear rolled down Harry's cheek.