A Poisonous Celebration

"T-these girls, they're gonna kill me

"T-these girls, they're gonna kill me."

harry pov

"It's easy for them to get to you. You're blood lucky you weren't killed." Hermione lectured as we walked down the hall. "You have to realize who you are, Harry."

"I know who I am, Hermione, all right?" I snapped. 

"She just means you have to be careful." y/n reasoned.

"Sorry. I don't mean to sound harsh." I apologized. Hermione nodded in understanding.

We all paused at the sight of Ron and Lavender snogging in the window sill. 

I assumed after the conversation Ron and I had on the train, he would have broken up with her already. I guess not.

"Excuse me, I have to go and vomit." Hermione said before walking off. 

Just one more reason why Ron needs to end things with Lavender.

y/n and I continued our walk down the hallway. I decided now was the time to ask her the question that's been bugging me since yesterday's events.

"Last night, in the weeds," I started carefully. "What did Greyback mean when he said he'd finish the job this time?"

She looked rather hesitant to answer.

"I don't know. Probably just some weird threat or something."

"I guess, but why to you? Have you two met before?"

"No. No, we haven't." 

She stopped walking and turned to face me.

"We have more important things to focus on. Like Dumbledore. Didn't he tell you that the miniute we get back from break he wanted to see you?" She asked with a sharpness in her tone. 

"I-i was just about to head to his office."

"Good. I won't keep you." 

I stood there a moment longer with a confused expression. Why was she being so snappish all of the sudden? Did I do something?

"Well, go on then." She nodded her head to his office. 

I decided to just go. Dumbledore said it was important and I don't like to keep him waiting. 

A few miniutes later I arrived at his office. 

Without saying a word, he let me in and led me over to the penseive. It already had a memory poured into it.

I hate going into memories.

I took a final breath before dunking my head in to see whatever it is Dumbledore wanted to show me.

I felt my surroundings changing as I entered the memory. 

"I'd like to know where you get your information. More knowleable than half the staff, you are." Slughorn laughed.