What Could've Been

"Surely you don't mean forever?"

y/n pov

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance."

The girls all started chattering exitedly while the boys groaned. Professor Mcgonagoll had gathered all of Gryffindor together so she can teach us how to propery waltz.

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bambling band of baboons."

I looked across the room to see Fred and George muttering something amongst themselves about what Mcgonagoll had just said.

"Now to dance is to let the body breath. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forward!"

On the boys side I heard Ron say "Somethings about to burst out of Eloise Midogen but I don't think its a swan."

Professor Mcgonagoll must have heard Ron to because she started walking towards him.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasly."

"Y-yes?"

"Will you join me please?" Ron slowly got up to walk towards her, his face beet red.

Hermione and I couldn't contain our laughter.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist." Professor Mcgonagoll instructed.

"Where?"

"My waist."

A boy on the other side of the room wolf whistled. The music started playing and Ron and Professor Mcgonagoll started waltzing.

The entire room was trying to repress they're laughter, but no one was very sucsessful.

"Oi!" Harry said to the twins "You're never going to let him forget this are you?"

"Never." They both grinned.

"Everybody come together! Boys, girls on your feet!" Professor Mcgonagoll instructed. Everyone rose and searched throught the crowd to find people to dance with. 

"Hello love." I heard Fred say from behind me. "Care to dance?"

"Why of course." I said as he grabbed my hand. We started to waltz along with everyone else.

"So who are you going to ask to the Yule Ball?" I asked him.

"Angelina Johnson. I was thinking at lunch tomorrow. Fairly confident she'll say yes. How about you? Last I heard you had two boys pining after you."