Daddy Dearest

"Father

"Father."

y/n pov

Ron and I healed pretty quickly thanks to Madam Pomfrey and we were back on our feet before we knew it. 

The weeks after the whole thing with Sirius were filled with fun with my friends and only having to stress about end of the year exams, and not a psychopath trying to kill your best friend.

The looming feeling that I may not becoming back next year clouded my head but I always tried to push it away. There was no point in letting it ruin my final days with my friends.

"Come on." Harry whined pulling my arm. "You're walking too slow."

We wanted to go say goodbye to Professor Lupin before we headed to the Great Hall for lunch then back on the Hogwarts express. 

"Im walking as fast as I can!" I laughed. We got to the door of Professor Lupins office and stopped.

"Hello Harry and y/n." he said without turning around. 

Harry and I looked at each other in confusion to how he saw us coming before he lifted up the Marauders Map.

"Are you exited to go home?" He turned around smiling.

I looked around his office which had been almost completely packed up.

Before Harry could answer his question, I cut him off with my own. "You've been sacked?"

"No, no I've resighed actually."

"Resigned? Why?" Harry asked him.

"It seems someone has let it slip, the uh...nature of my condition." Professor Lupin answered putting more books into a box.

"But Dumbledore-"

"Dumbledore has already risked enough on my behalf. Besides people like me are not the most reliable when it comes to showing up for class everyday."

He waved his wand and his trunks locked themselves up. He turned back towards us.

"Why do you two look so miserable?"

"We haven't exactly had a stable DADA teacher before you." Harry answered.

"Well, I'm sure Dumbledore will find someone." Professor Lupin assured us.

"Whoever he finds won't be as great as you were Professor." I said sadly.

"You all act like this is goodbye. Don't worry this isn't the last we'll cross paths." He grabbed his things and started to exit the room. "and please call me Mooney." 

He winked at us and left the room. 

After saying goodbye to Mooney we walked to the great hall for the last feat before we had to leave. The miniute we walked in Neville ran up to us.