Liquid Luck

"Not to mention the pincers

"Not to mention the pincers."

y/n pov

I sat with Draco all night in the hospital wing. I convinced Madam Pomfrey to let me stay until he wakes up.

I yawned and glanced over at the clock.

5 am.

I'd have to leave to get ready for class soon.

I feel awful about what happened last night with Harry, but I'm more mad then sorry. He nearly killed Draco. 

I turned my head the sound of sheets shifting. Draco was waking up. 

He slowly sat up and raised his arm to his head. Snape healed most of whatever that sectum spell did to him but he had withstained some other injuries in the fight as well.

"How are you?" I asked.

He looked suprised to see me. I would be. This is the first time we've spoken since I gave up on trying to get him to tell me what was wrong all those months ago.

"I-i'm fine. What are you doing here? I thought you would've hated me."

He took account of my confused expression. Does he know I know?

"I know you know. You would've tried to rebuild our friendship if you didn't. I-i'm sorry by the way. For being so awful to you.

"It's ok. I think I would have done the same thing."

He nodded. After a few moments of silence he turned back to me.

"I'm also sorry I joined them. I didn't want to."

"I know. I know you can't say no to your father like I can say no to mine. I can't forgive you though, as much as I want to."

"Then why are you here?"

"Just because you're a deatheater doesn't mean you weren't the Draco I knew before. I miss my best friend. I just want to see him for a few miniutes before we end up on different sides of a war."

He smiled lightly.

"I've missed you too. More than you may know."

"Ok, no more deatheater stuff." I moved to sit on the bed across from him. "We have catching up to do, ferret boy."

~

harry pov

I feel more then awful about what happened yesterday. 

I spent the entire night pacing my dorm trying to figure out how to apologize to y/n. One apology will never be enough, I know. She was nearly killed because of me.

It hurts my stomach to think about.

Especially the crucio part.

I've had the cruciatus curse used on me before and it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. Especially not her.